Why become a member? ×

TRADED: 1978/79 Fender Jazz Bass

malpasso

Hi, everybody!
GAS attacks and up for grabs comes my most valuable bass at the moment: It’s an original 1978 or 79 Fender Jazz Bass . I can’t precise the year as serial number ( S8850786) can belong to any of those. Pots and pickups seem to be 78’s.
Excellent condition, improper of the instrument’s age (has been well played): Just tiny dings on neck (only touch-detectable), slight scuffing and decolouring on the top of hedastock and a small crack on the binding. See pic taken before frets were polished.
Specs:
Ash body, originally in natural finish, professionally refinished to poly Vintage White (immaculate) at MB Guitars (Madrid) .They also fixed the “era correct” neck/pocket slot. Has got a faded yellowish faded tint that pics have not grasped.
Maple neck, blocks and binding. Three bolt neck attachment with Micro-Tilt system.
Everything original except:
Professional refretting work by luthier Tino Acebal (Gijón) 18 months ago. Frets polished by same luthier two months ago.
Neck pickup hand rewound (by Jess Louriro). (it had died)
Capacitor (same as pickup)
Mint green pickguard with 60’s screw pattern to go with the new finish. I also [b]provide the original, one[/b] with matching serial number.
Pickup, pickguard and strap buttons screws, as well as cloth pickup cables, (cloth was corroded from age)
Axe weights 4.7 Kgr.
Some pics:

Apart from the extra pickguard, I’ll throw in Fender replacement pickguard ashtrays and thumbrest. Will ship in a Protect Contego regid light case.
seeking [b][color=red]TRADED [/color][/b]buyers from locations other than UK, please ask me for a shipping quote.
I’ve just sold one amp head in this forum (check feedback), but I can provide you with feedback from Ebay or Bajistas.org, the Spanish equivalent to Talkbass. (twelve basses, amps, parts, pedals accessories…sold there)
Thanks! :D

Edited by malpasso