Why become a member? ×

Bass bash-- Top gig!

The Burpster

[quote name='OldGit' post='169160' date='Apr 3 2008, 02:39 PM']Nice of you to say so. It sounded great being played by everyone else - that is such a rare thing to experience, usually it's kids having a go through my practice amp :)
kiwi and 'Nik, yes I came away having forgotten to try about 20 of the basses I intended to... next time I'll just get on with it :huh:[/quote]
It's always great hearing other people play your own bass.. I really enjoyed hearing Hans, Jimbo and others play my Roscoe Beck 5..

As you say, there were so many nice basses, but with the limited time available, I got more into trying out some of the very nice rigs that were there on the day.

Must do better next time!! ;)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='169398' date='Apr 3 2008, 08:06 PM']It's always great hearing other people play your own bass[/quote]
+1

TBH I get a kick hearing how people's fingers make my basses sound more like I'd like them to sound! I could listen to people playing my stuff all day.

So long as they're not slapping for 3 hours and getting on everyone's tits, that is.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='169920' date='Apr 4 2008, 05:31 PM']..lovely graphite Alembic sir! :)[/quote]
cheers, its a little more 'mojo'd' than the photo's show though. I was tempted to refinish it but I thought it might be more authentic if I left it as it was. Its seen quite a few Canadian winters.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='169845' date='Apr 4 2008, 02:46 PM']I'm too scared to talk about it any further, I might get threatened with physical violence again.[/quote]

What Steve, you mean you DON'T want to hear 'Jerry Was A F***ing Race Car Driver' again...? REALLY LOUD....

Oh sorry - I'll stop shouting - it's over isn't it...isn't it....isn't it.... :)

Loved your Celinder tho man....no slapping on that little beauty.