Why become a member? ×

Feeler for SWR Goliath Senior 6x10

I really don't want to part with this, but my band has recently replaced its decrepid, yet large, van for a not so large trailor. The trailor is used for other things, so the gear has to come out regularly, and at last night's gig, my cab got accidentally left behind. So, I'm going to take control and get a couple of car-freindly cabs to replace the SWR. To be fair, the SWR is easily moved about, with its tip-back wheels and grab handles, but it won't fit in my boot!

It cost me £950 two years a go new, including the cover, and is in excellent condition. Here's the mouth-watering gen from the [url="http://www.swrsound.com/products/search.php?partno=4410300010"]SWR website[/url]

This is a feeler, as I don't have it with me right now to photograph, and also I've no idea what the street value is.

If anyone has a high headroom amp and wants to shift a lot of air with oomph and crystal clear clarity, this is THE one!

Edited by Born 2B Mild

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='166263' date='Mar 30 2008, 11:49 AM']....at last night's gig, my (6x10) cab got accidentally left behind....[/quote]
Sounds like you need a better idiot to do your bands "Idiot Check"!!

Bigger car, make the sacrifice :)
I'm currently looking at estates to get an ampeg 8x10 about, back seats down and all that malarkey, its mahousive. I've heard good stuff about the SWR gear though, good luck with it.

I've got one and I can vouch for the cab's tone and volume etc. No arguments about that, but for the same reason I'm considering trading down to something smaller too. I probably will just buy another estate car instead though, as I can't find either a pair of cabs that I want that I can afford, or a single cab that I'd want to trust to be as loud. Really, I'd like a tour bus and another 6X10 to go on the other side of the drums!!

Good luck mate.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='166283' date='Mar 30 2008, 01:10 PM']Bigger car, make the sacrifice :)
I'm currently looking at estates to get an ampeg 8x10 about, back seats down and all that malarkey, its mahousive. I've heard good stuff about the SWR gear though, good luck with it.[/quote]
I always thought that if I won the lottery jackpot, I'd pay for roadies. Believe it or not, a few years a go, one of the band was one of three to share a wednesday jackpot. Did he do what I'd have done? NO! Got himself a new ford and bought us all a curry. But he's a lovely guy and didn't want money to change him. Ah, Yorkshire men, Don't ever change!

They really are easy enough to get about, there's a bit of technique to steps (stairs would be a different matter though) but the wheels are a life saver. I can get mine in and out of My Vectra's boot without too much trouble, but not having an estate car would kinda knacker that. They weigh about 8 stone and are a bit awkward to lift by yourself but you can do it, although I try and avoid it when my back's playing me up.

The link to the SWR product page is for a Series IV. I thought mine was a Series III, though not having it at home, I can't check yet. For my interest, and for any potential new owner of this ace cab, does anyone know what the difference is between the III & IV series?

Hi there,
The series IV have only just recently been announced, so you'll only just start seeing them
filtering into stores in the uk if you're lucky.

Swr are now loading the goliath range of cabs with eminance drivers, so that they have now
increased the power output. I believe its by an extra 20-25watts per driver. So in the mark IV
goliath seniors its increased the total output by an approx extra 150-200watts from what it previously was.

The seniors are great cabs, i was toying with the idea of getting one of these a while ago, but i've had to settle
for using upto 4 x goliath juniors on larger gigs or 2 on my standard gigs due to me only having a nissan micra.

Hence why i'm selling my beloved 1x15 basic 2-way cab. :)
Hope this helps, good luck with selling it.

[quote name='Bernmeister' post='166451' date='Mar 30 2008, 06:59 PM']Hi there,
The series IV have only just recently been announced, so you'll only just start seeing them
filtering into stores in the uk if you're lucky.

Swr are now loading the goliath range of cabs with eminance drivers, so that they have now
increased the power output. I believe its by an extra 20-25watts per driver. So in the mark IV
goliath seniors its increased the total output by an approx extra 150-200watts from what it previously was.

The seniors are great cabs, i was toying with the idea of getting one of these a while ago, but i've had to settle
for using upto 4 x goliath juniors on larger gigs or 2 on my standard gigs due to me only having a nissan micra.

Hence why i'm selling my beloved 1x15 basic 2-way cab. :)
Hope this helps, good luck with selling it.[/quote]
Thanks for the info. Blimey. When I had a 1000 watt head on it I hardly used the volume, as even with the band at full blast I could go on and drown out a jumbo jet. And they want to make 'em LOUDER?