Why become a member? ×

JAPANESE FENDER PARTS

mckendrick

I'm sure those familiar with the problem have all been a bit cheesed orf when they discovered that nice new USA Custom Shop scratchplate didn't fit anywhere near their prized Jap Jazz Bass.

I've come across a few of these problems myself and beg the question:

Does anyone know where to source parts specifically crafted for Japanese Fenders...?

Discussion invited..., PM..., whatever.

Cheers.

Edited by mckendrick

Thanks for that 73 - a nice lnk to keep in the Favourites.

Problem here is one of the instruments has had the s/plate removed altogether, and another has had a totally ill-fitting replacement, so I have no original template.

I had one guy take the Jazz Bass away for a week and it came back with something resembling Pali Gap between the control plate and his effort of a scratchplate.

Definitely need to source factory bits here, 73.

Hey, but thanks again for the link. Always useful to know.

Cheers.

Cheers, an' all.... but I [b][i]don't have a spec. [/i][/b]

And therein lies the prob.

I have two Jap Jazzes, both - for some inane reason - have had the pickguards dispatched to other worlds and the traced patterns (without an original example) for both are different, neither of which matches anything [i]off the shelf[/i] in a packet that says "Fender" on it.

I've emailed that bloke on the web who imports Japs but all he wants to do is sell me a new bass.

[quote name='mckendrick' timestamp='1324168242' post='1471538']
That's easy.....

04/05 CIJ (R 002***)

96/97 MIJ (V 010***)
[/quote]

OK. I have a white plate from a 1996 MIJ V007*** Jazz which you can buy or borrow as a template to get a new one made.

Any help?

Take the neck off your guitar and with some paper and a crayon make a trace by colouring lightly on the paper the covered area where the pickguard should be. The crayon will pickup the screwholes and the neck cutout. Send this trace to the above mentioned fabricator and he will do the business. I did this with an old squier I couldn't for the life of me find a plate for. I made mine myself out of aluminium. It fitted perfectly and looked the dogs bollix. Give it a try what have you got to lose.

[size=6][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][sub]Thank you the boy... am in contact with Bass Doc re: another matter. Will certainly be speaking to him regarding the CIJ dilemma once I have the current exchange completed.[/sub][/font][/size]

Edited by mckendrick