Why become a member? ×

SOLD, PLEASE DELETE

HazBeen

My bass collection includes an upgraded Musicman Stingray 5 string. Awesome bass, that simply does not get used enough (damn my Mike Lull and Spector basses :)...).

This bass is from the early '00s or late '90s and originally was Sea Green. The previous (and first) owner was unhappy about the finish and decided to (done professionally by a local Luthier) replace the thick original lacquer with a very thin clear cellulose based coat, to bring out the natural sound of the wood more clearly.... imho it worked.

When I bought the bass I upgraded the preamp with a Stingray John East 3 band EQ (MMSR) and a Nordstrand MM pickup. I also replaced the pick guard (black) with a new one without the selector switch slot (I never got the 3 way switch on a single humbucker Stingray).

Basically the bass is a 5 string Stingray that sounds like a pre-Ernie Ball 1978 Stingray. That was my intention and I succeeded :)........ in essence I made my own Stingray Classic.

I still have the orginal preamp and pickup of course.

Specs:
34" scale
Rosewood fretboard
Natural Finish (Cellulose)
Black Pickguard
No selector switch
Nordstrand MM5.2
John East MMSR3

The bass has been used extensively by myself and the 1st owner and it shows. There are a few minor dings and scratches, also a few that are a bit larger. Most important to mention is a ding on the bottom of the neck (G string), where the bass fell onto a speaker stand resulting in a nice half moon shaped dent.

None affect the playability or quality of this instrument and the wear and tear is not more than usual for an instrument that has been played extensively for 10 years.

Since I am not using this much I think it is time to go, so this "budget" Musicman Stingray Classic 5 could be yours.

I would prefer to (part) trade against a 5 string JB model ( or a small (MB Fusion, GB etc) D Class Amp and/or some quality cabs (GB Uber, Bergantino etc) but would also consider a straight sale.

Price wise, I think around the £800 excl shipping would be fair seeing as there is a £300,- upgrade in there. I live in the Netherlands but am in UK quite often and can hand-deliver to the greater London area for £70,-. I will consider selling the bass with original EQ, Pickup and scratch plate (ca sell them separately) for £650,- excl shipping.

Non-original case included.

Pics can be found here: [url="http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/welcometombh/MM5%20East-Nordstrand/"]http://s87.photobuck...ast-Nordstrand/[/url]
Sound clip of me fooling around with EQ: [url="https://www.yousendit.com/sharedFolder?phi_action=app/orchestrateSharedFolder&id=3n6e7zzxbY3FWxsQck9kfxVkEOoIYMfH_mguasWyP9k"]https://www.yousendi...YMfH_mguasWyP9k[/url] - sloppy playing I know, but hey..... recorded by putting my Tascam DR-1 in front of my GK Neo 212/GB Streamliner 900 at room volume.

Edited by HazBeen

as i'm selling a bass myself atm i can't help but wonder why you don't post any pics with your add?
a series of good pics would definitely increase your chances of a quick sale imho.

[edit]

he, wacht eens even.... :)

Edited by Stinky

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1323519400' post='1464119']
Amazed by the multitude of reactions bump..... Stingrays are not very popular nowadays it seems :)
[/quote]

Au contraire Monsieur Been. Stingrays are very popular.
But in order to achieve top dollar they must be all original and (unless it's pre-EB) in good condition. It's just the way it is with MM's I'm afraid.

I am lazy by nature Nick....

[quote name='Stinky' timestamp='1323520046' post='1464129']
as i'm selling a bass myself atm i can't help but wonder why you don't post any pics with your add?
a series of good pics would definitely increase your chances of a quick sale imho.

[edit]

he, wacht eens even.... :)
[/quote]