Why become a member? ×

SWR 350 x , Eden WT300 or Marshall DBS 7200

Mikethebass

Hey ,

Once again in need of amp advice, Looking for another bass head for under £300 and these are the one's that have come up on here and else where.

SWR 350 x , Eden WT300 or Marshall DBS 7200

I've currently got a DBS 2x10 1x 15 cab and play a 60 re-issue MIJ Jazz, Audere JZ3 pre on board , Gotoh bridge , Elixir strings, back ups a MIJ Precision. I play real broad range of music so need something versatile with a good level of loudness and punch.

I'd just like to know peoples thoughts about the amps mentioned and any other ideas ? I've heard quite a bit about the WT300 over heating which is a bit worrying as one of my previous amps was a Superfly which suffers from the same problem and caught me out doing a Queen tribute theatre show! thank god for my audere pre which meant I could just connect in a DI but was a nightmare, right at the start of Bo rap! ha. Saying that though have heard a great deal of positives for the WT300 aswell.

Any help appreciated. there all used amps so quick advice would be best welcome! ha

cheers

Mike

I have an older SWR 350 (with a red front). Not sure how much the newer "X" changed, but mine is fabulous.

Although I still use it regularly, and love it for "normal" volumes, I keep another for louder gigs. The 350 seems to lose bottom end when pushed hard.