Why become a member? ×

Overwater Perception Deluxe FT *SOLD*

jdizzle

Hi from the North East. I love your bass. Will be in London next week. Best I can offer is £800 cash. All I got at the moment I'm afraid. Would you be interested in this figure. Like your tracks too. Neat and great recordings. Call 07980011272.

All best for the New Year. Thanks.

Chris. rednose200

Hi Frederick. With respect it may be worth that much in Belgium but it isnt here I'm afraid. A really sweet one failed to sell last week on ebay at £775. That was gross of commission and no doubt Paypal fees too. However we will wait and see what the owner has to say. All best to you for the New Year.

Ah --- those wonderful Belgian beers !!!!! You lucky guy.

[quote name='rednose200' timestamp='1325086612' post='1479675']
Hi Frederick. With respect it may be worth that much in Belgium but it isnt here I'm afraid. [u][i]A really sweet one failed to sell last week on ebay at £775.[/i][/u] That was gross of commission and no doubt Paypal fees too. However we will wait and see what the owner has to say. All best to you for the New Year.

Ah --- those wonderful Belgian beers !!!!! You lucky guy.
[/quote]
1. without links this is hearsay and not fact. And actually it's entirely irrelevant to what the seller wants to sell his one for. It was a separate instrument.
2. And even if it is true it denigrates the sellers thread. It doesn't help him get a sale.
3. Keep offers and justifications to PM, it's more polite- your discussions are best done privately.
4. This bass is what? over £2000 new? it could be posted to belgium for not a lot.....

EDIT: Looked it up, the ebay bass it was made by overwater but a much older model, badly described pick up only, and in not as good condition. I have a JV squire P bass, if I ebay Squier and see what they are selling at is that what my one is worth? Nope

Edited by LukeFRC

A flurry of debate I see. :) Rednose (Chris), I've pm'd about the offer. The prices on the marketplace of late are really plummeting down and it's just not restricted to Overwaters. The Warwick prices are scandalous! In an effort to move on an instrument, I guess people really are having to cut the price just to generate any interest.

Which is why I'm really interested in just trading this with a fretless and avoiding an all out sale.

Frederik, your Overwater is stunning. Just out of curioustity, what company made the control knobs? They look very nice.

Jason.

[quote name='Westie9' timestamp='1325240329' post='1481172']
Frederick / Jason

That's my old bass! Still miss it. The knobs were just a spare set that Chris had in the workshop. From what, I don't have a clue! They just looked better than the black plastic ones...
[/quote]
[quote name='FrederikVanDuuren' timestamp='1325241012' post='1481186']
hi simon,

its one of my best basses... its a keeper...

sorry for your loss...

fred
[/quote]

Turns out the control knobs made by Hipshot. They look really nice with the gold bridge. I've spent the last week playing the Overwater and it's a damn good instrument. I'll continue bumping this for another week but after that I'll just hang onto it. I've a set of Thomastik flats which I've meaning to try on a fretted for ages.