Why become a member? ×

Most balanced strings in feel and sound

sockdeluxe_mikey

First off, what bass is it you`re using? If it`s a bass with a Precision type pickup, start off by adjusting that, to see if heightening under the D solves the problem. If it`s not a Precision type pickup, has the bass had a proper set-up? That can make a difference as well. The playability of an incorrectly set up bass may not be bad, but it`s things like this that can be affected more.

Assuming it isn't set up or pickup placement/adjustment/performance, as has been previously stated/suggested, then isn't what you're actually looking for an unbalanced set? If the D and G strings are quiet then what you need is more mass in those strings or less mass in the E and A strings.

[quote name='noelk27' timestamp='1323824095' post='1467589']
If the D and G strings are quiet then what you need is more mass in those strings or less mass in the E and A strings.
[/quote]

+1 if you haven't done so already it might be worth trying something like Ernie Ball Slinkies which have a slightly heavier G and D string (eg 50/70/85/105 or 45/65/80/100). Or buy a couple of sets with different gauges and mix and match your own hybrid set.

Best strings I have tried recently..and I have tried a lot ..........are Newtone Diamond series.
You can request custom winds and they are very easy to talk to via e-mail.

All contact details are on their website.
Handmade UK made strings...perfect for me..

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1324058509' post='1470482']
Best strings I have tried recently..and I have tried a lot ..........are Newtone Diamond series.
You can request custom winds and they are very easy to talk to via e-mail.

All contact details are on their website.
Handmade UK made strings...perfect for me..
[/quote]

Not really anything I can add to this except 'correct!' :D

• 3 weeks later...