Why become a member? ×

Just bought a Mighty Mite Jazz Bass neck for £99 new .......it's great!

gjones

I just bought a maple Mighty Mite neck off Ebay for £99 new and it looks great. I haven't yet fitted it yet as I need to drill some holes for the tuners etc but so far I'm VERY impressed. It's lovely and shallow and very well made. I recently bought an allparts neck for £200 which was good quality but 'chunky' and spent £300 on a actual Fender neck from a 2011 60s Classic Jazz but this neck looks like the best of the bunch.
Yes, so far I'm very happy. I'll update this post once I fit but I've a feeling it will play like a dream (like the neck on my old Geddy Lee which I loved).

Don't forget to drill the 4 holes for the neck / body joint with a fixed perpendicular top mounted drill, as you don't want those holes to go in at the wrong angle. Also my advise to you is to fit a proper bone nut instead of that plastic one that lets it down. I had a very wonderful Mighty Mite neck too and it was the most resonant neck I had ever had. Congrats.

[quote name='henry norton' timestamp='1322923933' post='1457350']
You can't argue with 99 notes, is it new or used???
[/quote]

It's new. And has a cheeky Fender decal put on it by the seller. I saw these a while ago but assumed they must be naff and built down to a price (and probably built like a bassball bat) but after being quoted £400 for a secondhand Geddy Lee neck took a punt and was surprised at it's excellent great build quality. Of course since I haven't actually fitted it yet the final verdict will have to wait but having bought quite a few necks in my time I think I know a good un when I see one.

Yep, I've had a couple: the one on the Fenderbird (see left) is a MM P, and it's really, really good. The J I bought after that needed a fret dress and a bit of TLC but it's now also fantastic. A great buy - the only other neck I'd consider would be a Warmoth, but they're in a whole other price range.

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1323268606' post='1461290']
Who is this seller, please? :) I'll soon be on the market for a new Jazz neck.
[/quote]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330651181073"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330651181073[/url]

Edited by gjones