Why become a member? ×

Acoustic Image Clarus+ * SOLD *

Clarky

Given I am gigging a feedback-free Ampeg Baby Bass (and so don't need all the functionality that a high end acoustic amp has) and that I have two rigs (electric/acoustic) which is somewhat superfluous, I have had a re-think on what I need gear-wise. I intend to go back to having just one rig for both acoustic and electric. This will also save me a fair amount of money .... which is nice.

So I have the following pristine condition rig up for grabs:

- a 2011 Acoustic Image Clarus+ (twin channel; 800W @4 ohms; RRP £995) [url="http://www.gollihurmusic.com/product/1888-ACOUSTIC_IMAGE_CLARUS_AMPLIFIER_CLARUS_PLUS.html"]http://www.gollihurm...LARUS_PLUS.html[/url] WIth gig bag

- a 2011 Contra EXSIII 4 ohm extension cab (RRP 450) [url="http://www.gollihurmusic.com/product/1576-ACOUSTIC_IMAGE_CORUS_EX_SERIES_III_SPEAKER_CABINET.html"]http://www.gollihurm...ER_CABINET.html[/url] With slip cover

The Contra cab covers small gigs and is as faithful at reproducing a DB as the Clarus. For bigger gigs (or large bands) it probably doesn't carry enough weight and you will need a bigger cab (like my Wizzy 12, which was for sale here originally but I have decided to keep) So this is a complete gigging package for the double bass player and its in fantastic condition.

In the first instance, I would rather sell the two as a whole package, picked up from West London. I am going to put the combined price at roughly a third off list, so £1100. This is a bargain as the gear is in mint condition (the cab in particular has never left my house). If I have to break it up, which I would prefer not to do, it would be £800 for Clarus+ and £350 for Contra - excluding postage.

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1322853727' post='1456779']
Actually, I am going to keep the Wizzy 12 that was for sale (sorry Keith!) and run my Aguilar head through that. Means no outlay at all for me :)
[/quote]

That's ok Clarky, I didn't really need it, I just haven't bought anything from you for a while :)

[quote name='BB2000' timestamp='1322855304' post='1456799']
Good call!
[/quote]
Hi John! yep, the Aguilar TH500 head through the Wizzy sounds superb with my Precision (very old school) and there's a guy on TB who I've discovered recommends the TH500 for upright bass. So I'm going to give that a try :)

And Keith ... I feel sure there will be more trades at some point! If I ever get flush again, I keep casting envious eyes on your fretless 5er Wal!

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1322856364' post='1456819']
there's a guy on TB who I've discovered recommends the TH500 for upright bass. So I'm going to give that a try :)
[/quote]
Let me know how you get on with it
[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1322856364' post='1456819']
And Keith ... I feel sure there will be more trades at some point! If I ever get flush again, I keep casting envious eyes on your fretless 5er Wal!
[/quote]
Might swap for a Kolstein or two :)

Hmmm, not persuaded by the Aguilar for upright bass - not clear enough (great for electric but that's a different kettle of fish). Think I am going to hang on to the AI rig for the time being and put this FS thread on ice. Plus I managed to sell a couple of other items yesterday, which was helpful. So this is withdrawn. Maybe I should base my rig around this, per Beedster's post above, and flog the Aguilar instead? Not sure about that, so will stick with what I have for now.

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1322992441' post='1457916']
Hmmm, not persuaded by the Aguilar for upright bass - not clear enough (great for electric but that's a different kettle of fish). Think I am going to hang on to the AI rig for the time being and put this FS thread on ice. Plus I managed to sell a couple of other items yesterday, which was helpful. So this is withdrawn. Maybe I should base my rig around this, per Beedster's post above, and flog the Aguilar instead? Not sure about that, so will stick with what I have for now.
[/quote]

Good decision Clarky. Despite what a lot of people say, I have never found a bass guitar amp that does the job with DB (I think guitar amps are better). IMO, a Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe into the FX loop of the AI and DI to house, and you have a great backline, great monitoring and great FOH sound. There's a reason all my Mesa gear is for sale mate (that and my little girl going through money like it grows on trees) :)

• 1 month later...

Actually lets call the Clarus+ head £750 as it has been gigged regularly (not that you can see any scars, scrapes or dings; it is still in fabulous condition) but the cab stays at £350 as its never even left my house. £50 discount if you take both

Thinking this through further - and trying to eliminate the GAS effect - I have a perfectly good amp in the AI Clarus which has bells and whistles I don't need but which I will have to sell at a loss for another amp which will not be better (at least not for DB) but which will be simpler and a bit cheaper. Withdrawn.

• 2 months later...

Reviving this FS thread. My excellent condition Acoustic Image Clarus+ - around a year or so old - up FS. 800W at 4 ohms, twin channel (so can run mic and piezo). New price was £995. Will do for £675. Nothing better for DB but I don't need all its functionality, especially as my new gig is with my Takamine acoustic bass, not my DBs. Comes with padded gigbag.

[url="http://www.acousticimg.eu/AI_UK_RETAIL_PRICE.pdf"]http://www.acoustici...ETAIL_PRICE.pdf[/url]

Stock pic: [attachment=103594:CLARUS_0131_FINAL.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

PS, also selling a virtually brand-new (as in ungigged, never left house, only a few hours on it) EA Wizzy 10 cab. The two paired together would be an awesome DB rig. The separate sale prices are £675 + £425 (a total of £1,100) - I would lop £75 off this if they went together, ie, £1,025 posted

[size=1][b]Technical Specs[/b][/size]

[b]System[/b]
[b]Clarus+[/b]

Frequency Response
20 Hz - 20 kHz, ± 0.5 dB
Distortion
<0.5% full output, <0.1% typical
Hum and Noise
-85 dB or better
AC Power
115V/60Hz, 230/50Hz, switchable
Japan version is 100V, 50/60 Hz only
Size
10.2 x 8.2 x 3.5 inches
Weight
less than 5 pounds
[b]Preamp [/b](mic and instrument inputs through combo jack)
Mic Input
600 ohm balanced, XLR connector
Phantom Power
48 volts, on/off switch w/LED indicator
Instrument Input
1 Mohm impedance, 1/4" jack
Direct Out
+4 dB, balanced, XLR connector, ground lift, pre/post EQ selector
Effects Loop
Parallel type with return level control
Bass Control
Shelving type, ±15 dB @ 60 Hz