Why become a member? ×

I just ordered a Matamp :D

Ben Jamin

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1334279512' post='1613860']

Isn't one yet. I need to speak to them more after the weekend. But some people with money aside for it will put me in a better position to figure what can be done.
[/quote]

That's not cryptic at all :P

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='subrob' timestamp='1334347413' post='1615092']
I'm waiting for developments on this here valvey B500 because it sounds wonderful, and failing that I think I'm going to look at the GK MBFusion which is a similar idea. You've piqued my interest, tho...
[/quote]

As I understand it the B500 is an all transistor micro amp. The hybrid valvey one is a one off and will not be micro.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad news guys!

I've had to cancel the order - it's been over six months now and since my previous amp broke and has now been moved on I'm having to survive on borrowed gear, which isn't ideal - I gave them an ultimatum of the end of May for something to try out but unfortunately they said couldn't meet that deadline. I've got rehearsals starting in June for some relatively big gigs in the summer so I'd need a rig by then. Hayden said they were having some complications with ordering in some new modules, and that he'd been anticipating the phone call for a while, so no issues - he even pointed me in the direction of the Orange Terror Bass 500!

I've now ordered a Barefaced Compact and bought the amp my good friend (Unklellis on here) has been lending me - an Ampeg PF-500. No valves or fancy stuff, but it just works well, has all the right features and is nice and compact! So all in all still gutted the Matamp didn't work out but happy with my new rig, which should be arriving soon :)

Just to make sure: Matamp have been great throughout, it's just due to the nature of my specific order they weren't able to build it in time. Next time I upgrade my rig I'll probably come back to these guys! :)

I contacted them about the 500 watt class-D jobbie last week. They say it'll be another two months and they don't have info on price or any pictures of it yet. I suspect they may have been a bit premature announcing this one, though at least they're straightforward and upfront about it when you speak to them.

• 1 month later...