Why become a member? ×

The Trace Elliot V amp thread.Just V4,V6 or V8s

mikhay77

Never realized how rare the V4s and V8s were till I tried to find one. There are slightly more early V4s and V6s .
So I thought,Mmm lets see how many we could catalogue. Could record serial numbers too. Protect your assets! Trying to work out my build/ serial numbers. A headache ! Anyway here are my 2.[attachment=94112:423.jpg][attachment=94113:Revamped Trace V4.jpg]

2/3 of my old rig pictured above! Hopefully that V4 is coming back to live with me.. I love it!

Anyone wanting a near brand new 300w Ashton Stack!?

I've long been a fan of Trace Elliot stuff but that V4 is quite spectacular when its on song. It was great when I used to own the matching 1084 (8x10) but in all fairness, it works well through anything including the Crashdown 2x10 but did give it a good kicking! This one seems to work best with the re-issue TungSol 6550 output valves, they seem to have a liitle more definition than the stock Shuguang KT88 (re-branded to Ruby Tubes) although there seems to be little difference in horsepower or point of breakup between the two..

[IMG]http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy70/VTypeV4/DSCN1156.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy70/VTypeV4/DSCN1160.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy70/VTypeV4/DSCN1161.jpg[/IMG]

I think my username gives it away..

[quote name='longtimefred' timestamp='1322747608' post='1455283']
Here is my beast. MK2 V4 with the overdrive and compressor. lovely stuff, aint heard a better sounding toob amp what so ever

PS....V type 4808 combo and 15" 1153 for sale over in the sale section..
[/quote]

Big +1. Dirty channel 2 with the valve comp kicked in is absolutely fantastic.My only criticism would be it just loses a bit of bass when driving the 2nd channel,but thats about it,it does have a better tone than the V6 too.Would love to hear a V8 in anger! I have got a load of valves ranging from GE 6550s to vintage Gec kt88s and some Re issue Gold lions plus 2 sets of JJs( Bullet proof for giggin ).Will have to try em all seen as the biasing is a piece o piss!

My Trace Elliot stack:

V6
1048h + 1518c

Love the sound I get from this setup, I've had the V6 around 5 years but it was sat around for ages in a cupboard as the valves went about 4 years ago and I couldn't afford to get it sorted but have recently got her back up and running and I have got the best tone I have ever had!

Edited by S9_S12_Bass

[quote name='TraceElliotBass' timestamp='1322828594' post='1456327']
My Trace Elliot stack:

V6
1048h + 1518c

Love the sound I get from this setup, I've had the V6 around 5 years but it was sat around for ages in a cupboard as the valves went about 4 years ago and I couldn't afford to get it sorted but have recently got her back up and running and I have got the best tone I have ever had!

[attachment=94335:Me.jpg]
[/quote]

Got some pix of the big beast dude?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

[quote name='MixMan' timestamp='1352138890' post='1859258']
I'm selling my Trace Elliot V6.

Anyone interested ?

I'm thinking in the area of £850 but am open to offers.
[/quote]
Have you got any pics posted.My V6 now resides in the States! Great tone but did have some probs with mine!

[quote name='mikhay77' timestamp='1352242184' post='1860739']
Have you got any pics posted.My V6 now resides in the States! Great tone but did have some probs with mine!
[/quote]

Yes. I just uploaded a bunch of pictures. Look under "For Sale: Amps And Cabs" my post is called "Trace Elliot V6 For Sale (NOW Pictures).