Why become a member? ×

Erle Korpus LE T'bird and Les Evans Custom 4

GreeneKing

Here is my Erle Korpus Epi Thunderbird in gloss black (not the Goth model). This bass is absolutely mint and normally retails for more than the standard or matt black models. I've relocated the front strap lock to eliminate the neck dive and as I've modded an overwater strap (with Schaller straplocks) to fit it'll be included in the sale.

Yes there is an extra screw in the back of the neck where my 1st relocation attempt failed but I'll guarentee it's not an issue.

£200 + P&P

Next bass up for sale is my Les Evans. This may appeal to those interested in something different but not at all radical.

This custom bass was made in Liverpool by a builder whose work is seldom seen. It is more than just well made, it's built like a brick shithouse while retaining real ascetic qualities (the body contours are particularly stunning). The neck is a 7 piece laminate and the pickups are Kent Armstrong running through a John East U-Retro with sweepable mid and coil switching.

All hardware is top quality Schaller and the bridge is adjustable through a significant range. The bass is grey, which may sound drab but it actually works very well with the gold hardware. The neck on this bass is fairly triangular in shape and is very slim and would suit those with small hands. I've got big uns and I still find it comfortable to play.

This is seriously well made instrument.

So here it is, £500 + P&P

Peter

If I had the readies I'd have the LE back off you, Peter. It's a terrific bass (I know I would say that because it was made for me but...) and someone will be very happy with it. The combination of the EQ and pickups make for a very versatile instrument and the thin neck makes it very playable - especially if you've got smallers hands like myself. Hope it finds a good home. If only it was mine...

An April Fools Bump

The T'bird is as new, shiny black with quality strap and no neck dive for £185, a steal by anybodies standard.

Les Evans basses are well kept secrets but this is a mega bass. £425 a real bargain.

Visits to try very welcome, kettle on and beautiful scenery.

Peter

I thought that Erle Korpus was in fact a german bassist but I'm not so sure now. The bass is an Erle Korpus Ltd Edition.

Anyone speak German? The term 'Erle Korpus' comes up time and time again in relation to guitars and basses when googling.

Korpus = Corpse?

And here was me thinking it was the name of some German heavy metal bassist!

So is the 'Limited Edition' bit just down to the gloss black finish or is the Alder special for an Epi T'bird too I wonder.

Thanks for that Ped. I did German at college until I offered that 'Die Heinz' was german for baked beans! (I was half asleep when asked the question and my 'mate' whispered it in my ear). They didn't seem to want me after that :)

Peter