Why become a member? ×

Theme and back button problems!

barneyg42

Oh this is getting hard work to be honest.....from day one since the change over I've really struggled with the forum. I accepted that there would be teething problems and carried on struggling for a while but it's really pissing me off now. I've found it so much slower and the main problem has been that when I pressed the back button (either in the top corner of the browser or right click and back) I would have to do it several times before it would return to the previous page. Then I found out about the change theme button. changed theme to the IP one and it was all good. So a couple of days ago clicked on my Basschat button to find I had to log in, no probs, logged in and it's back to the Basschat theme and the same old back button problem. So I go to change the theme and it won't bloody change! I click on the change theme button and a little window comes open on it which I guess should have the option to click and change but it's empty. It gets to the point that i really don't want to trawl through the forum as I'm clicking away like a nutter just to go back a couple of pages. Any ideas anyone?

Just to add, I'm using IE9, just fired up Safari and the back button problem doesn't come up but I'm still not able to change the theme!

Edited by barneyg42

[quote name='barneyg42' timestamp='1322313680' post='1449223']
Oh this is getting hard work to be honest.....from day one since the change over I've really struggled with the forum. I accepted that there would be teething problems and carried on struggling for a while but it's really pissing me off now. I've found it so much slower and the main problem has been that when I pressed the back button (either in the top corner of the browser or right click and back) I would have to do it several times before it would return to the previous page. Then I found out about the change theme button. changed theme to the IP one and it was all good. So a couple of days ago clicked on my Basschat button to find I had to log in, no probs, logged in and it's back to the Basschat theme and the same old back button problem. So I go to change the theme and it won't bloody change! I click on the change theme button and a little window comes open on it which I guess should have the option to click and change but it's empty. It gets to the point that i really don't want to trawl through the forum as I'm clicking away like a nutter just to go back a couple of pages. Any ideas anyone?

Just to add, I'm using IE9, just fired up Safari and the back button problem doesn't come up but I'm still not able to change the theme!
[/quote]
I don't know about the rest of what you say but the IP Theme is no longer working for anyone I think.

I've noticed that the browser back button behaves strangely when viewing on my iPad - sometimes it's fine, but more often than not I have to press it exactly three times to get back to the previous page. Not that I'm complaining - the navigation links are there for a reason and they work just fine.

Sorry to hear you and others are still having issues Barney. Its not clear whether the forum is actually responsible for how your browser functions from what you've described. I realised it was happening when you were accessing the forum but have you checked whether all your software is up to date?

[quote name='Ed_S' timestamp='1322314765' post='1449256']
I've noticed that the browser back button behaves strangely when viewing on my iPad - sometimes it's fine, but more often than not I have to press it exactly three times to get back to the previous page. Not that I'm complaining - the navigation links are there for a reason and they work just fine.
[/quote]
I had the same experience initially, but after the iOS 5 upgrade the forum is running smoooooth on my iPad. :)

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1322383295' post='1450022']
Sorry to hear you and others are still having issues Barney. Its not clear whether the forum is actually responsible for how your browser functions from what you've described. I realised it was happening when you were accessing the forum but have you checked whether all your software is up to date?
[/quote]

All software on laptop and Iphone up to date, the IP theme is back so I have no problems at the moment, strange that the back button problem only happens when using the Basschat theme and only when using IE9 (which I believe is the latest version).