Why become a member? ×

Bass tutor recomendations please (Halifax area)

jbj

Hi All,

Been a member for a while, mostly just sat on the side gaining info !!.
Need to expand my extremely limited talent :) could any one recommend a bass tutor for me please, i would honestly describe my self as a beginner, i can work my way through a tab (time permitting) and enjoy anything with a catch bass line to it.
Dont mind traveling a short distance if it benefits me :)

Thanks in advance

John

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Halifax and used to have lessons with Pete Laffan over towards Keighley, can't quite remember exactly where he lives. He was a great teacher, progressed loads while I was having lessons with him. Can't recommend him enough although it's a bit of a drive (which my parents did so it was fine! :))

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1323705290' post='1466037']
Steve Berry not Bury* (not being a smart arse, Jake, just makes it easier for the OP to Google him if he spells it right).

* Unless it was spelt wrong on every Loose Tubes record and his own trio LP!!
[/quote]
Yes mate you are absolutely right. :)
Steve is an absolute diamond too...

Edited by jakenewmanbass

• 2 weeks later...

Try Geoff Chalmers who is based in leeds at the moment. You won't be disappointed.
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/91920-leeds-professional-bass-guitar-double-bass-lessons-inividual-tuition-with-geoff-chalmers-crb-checked/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/91920-leeds-professional-bass-guitar-double-bass-lessons-inividual-tuition-with-geoff-chalmers-crb-checked/[/url]

Hello All.

Thanks for all your responses, i have been in contact with both [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Geoff and Pete and will be having lessons off one of them once my index finger has healed following a Christmas incident with a bottle of water and a sharp knife [/color][/font][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"] [/color][/font] :facepalm:

Happy new year to all.

Regards

John..

• 4 weeks later...

I've recently had some lessons with Pete, very good player and teacher so recommended. I think he'll also be a bit nearer and easier to get to from Halifax. I used to drive from Huddersfield and it took me about 50 mins, so for you an educated guess would be 30 mins tops :)