Why become a member? ×

Good combo for full rig

Mr Fudge

The band I play in ( 2 people for over 23 years, not that that is relevant) will be upgrading our PA next week. It will be pretty much a full 1.5k rig that is comfortable in a pub or a town hall, Darlaston being one recent forgeteable one. Anyway with the new bottoms we are getting it seems likely I can get a combo/ direct/ other and not have to lug my ashdown rig about anymore.

What should I do? I'm very happy with the ashdown MAG and 4x10 I have got .... but what should I do. Straight in through the stomp box and a monitor back? DI a smaller combo? get a hartke type kickback and DI from a smaller amp. Keep the ashdown put it further back and push more through the PA.

cheers, Mr Fudge.

Edited by Mr Fudge

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='164197' date='Mar 27 2008, 12:14 AM']Keep the ashdown put it further back and push more through the PA.[/quote]

Bass sounds better on stage through your amp rather than a monitor. Don't bother changing anything unless you have a specific problem or complaint with your current rig, such as size and portability. But if you're taking a full PA system to gigs, you're not going to be having quick load-ins and load-outs anyway.

There won't be a problem of having too much power - just roll down the volume.