Welcome to the new site. We hope you enjoy it. We also hope you like this little sticky note. You can send them to each other or to yourself for reminders. 

Have a read of this thread (click) where I describe some new functions.

Take some time to try the new content search, maybe set up your own custom search and make it your bookmark.

A note about PMs - please read the note in the link above about PMs from the old site.

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy.

(you can dismiss this note so you won’t see it again)

BassBomber414

MBrace - New Type of Guitar/Bass Stand Now Available in UK

A friend of mine is now the sole UK importer of Mbrace supports which fit on a microphone tripod.

The idea of these supports is that your guitar is set up at playing position in the practice room / on stage and you just walk up and immediately play it without it being strapped to you.

The benefits are quick change of instrument and less fatigue whilst playing as the guitar is supported.

A great boon if, like me, you have a dodgy back !

www.shaungenesis.co.uk is the sole UK importer

http://www.mbracestand.com/mbrace_home.html The USA site - will give you more information about the MBrace.

I saw the guitarist from Breed 77 use one of these with his acoustic about 7-8 years ago. He stood behind it playing electric, then reaches over the stand plays a few chords on acoustic - back to the electric.

Not sure if it was an early conception from the same company.

I'm also not sure I'd want to put my 6 string Roscoe's on one - but they are pretty cool!

It's hardly a new concept. I saw the band Renaissance in the late 70s using something similar (and probably at the time custom made) to allow them to swap quickly between acoustic and electric guitars.

A lot of hair metal bands used this sort of thing in the 80s during their ballads. Main bit of song on mounted acoustic, then lame guitar solo on electric.

Hi I had one of these in Canada and loved it - works great for bass. Someone stole it sadly and I need a new one- tried the weblink mentioned above but didn’t work!? Any advice on where to order here?

tha is!