Why become a member? ×

Letter From The Editor

nick@ibassmag

[quote name='nick@ibassmag' timestamp='1324374830' post='1473435']

We're still waiting on Apple to approve the app.. but you'll be the first to know as soon as we get the go ahead.
[/quote]
Sounds great, fingers crossed they get moving over at Apple then! :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='vsmith1' timestamp='1322149379' post='1447260']
I am having problems with the mag - I have sent an email to the support team. At the moment I can only get the first 5 pages. I have previously been able to get the lot.
[/quote]

Having the same problem , did you do anything your end to sort it ?
Subscribed on sunday and still no joy .

[quote name='Jacqueslemac' timestamp='1322153079' post='1447313']
As an ex-journo, please tell me that when you wrote "Fender's" for the plural of Fender, it was a mistake by your fingers, and that it won't appear in your articles that way!

I find that poor writing ends up detracting from what's actually being written about. I gave up reading one magazine because I realised that all I'd done was proof-read the mag (I gave up counting after the first couple of dozen mistakes) and hadn't actually taken anything in.

Maybe it's me, but writers of all types should take pride in their writing, not just their knowledge of the subject matter.
[/quote]

A fare point, woll made!

• 4 weeks later...

Well .... they haven't updated their Facebook page since mid-January and they tweeted regularly until 26th Jan .... and then that stopped abruptly. I would have though regular social media updates are essential for a publication ..... and now the 3rd Edition has gone missing. I definitely would have thought that it is essential for a publication to publish an err .... publication.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='blamelouis' timestamp='1329858619' post='1548734']
Same here and my inbox is looking kinda empty :mellow:
[/quote]

I looks to me like you can consider this a dead project. I'm glad I didn't subscribe. It was a good idea, but the content wasn't great and it made very limited and clumsy use of the media technology available. So no big loss.

Edited by mercuryl

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='mercuryl' timestamp='1329892238' post='1549101']
I looks to me like you can consider this a dead project. I'm glad I didn't subscribe. It was a good idea, but the content wasn't great and it made very limited and clumsy use of the media technology available. So no big loss.
[/quote]

I'm afraid I can only agree. I'm sad about that. I hope it works out but it's got to be better than a very slim interactive version of Bass Guitar Magazine that's not delivered on time.

It suprises me that they (or possibly it's just that one guy so maybe just he) doesn't say something? I thought he might give some excuse, or some apology, or maybe a promise to publish something - but nothing. I mean has he replied to any of those who must be demanding their subscription money back?

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1330737903' post='1562514']
I wouldn't doubt Nick just yet, he's still posting on Facebook about up & coming features & events for the magazine.
[/quote]

You might want to suggest to him that he post here, or contact subscribers directly - it sounds like there's some disquiet out there.

I emailed them today and got this reply. I will give them some more time I think.

Thanks for the email.. great to hear from you.

We've been delaying the release of issue 03 while we implement some pretty big changes to the way in which iBass works. Essentially, we're dividing each issue and making the main pages available for free. We're also introducing a new area called 'iBass Xtra', which will give paying subscribers access to a bunch of exclusive pages featuring extended video edits, subscriber only interviews, lessons and competitions. We're also making iBass available on the iPad this month.. It's all taken some time to re-program hence the delay, but we're almost there now and aim to be back up and running this week.

Once again, apologies for the wait and please do let us know your thoughts on these changes. If you're not entirely happy by all means give us a call and we'll happily offer you a refund. But, if you can bear with us I honestly believe that the changes we're making are for the better. 

Thanks again for the email.. and for your patience!

Nick Wells
Editor

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1330903250' post='1564728']
Hmm. I was interested in the ipad edition, but the lack of keeping subscibers informed, and no coms leaves me no longer bothered. <_<
[/quote]
No forgiveness, eh? ;)

Overall great example on how important transparent and timely communication is, obviously they could have bothered to put in an update here at BassChat. Anyway, I'm glad to hear they will be coming around sometime soon(fingers crossed) and definitely look forward to the iPad edition!! :)