Why become a member? ×

TO GO: Aquarium power centre/cable tidy

lemmywinks

I've just replaced this with a new one so I thought I'd see if anyone on here wants it before Freecycle and then the bin.

It's an Algarde Power centre which consolidates all your aquarium appliances into one plug with switching options for two of them. There's connections for a heater (with seperate thermostat if required), lights, pump and a spare. The lights and pump have on/off switches.

However:
- It doesn't come with the mounting bracket. No worries as it still works fine and the base plate can be drilled for mounting.
- There's no mains lead, they don't come with one so you'll have to get a cable and plug from somewhere.
- One of the on/off switches is sticky and won't stay on without tape. Dunno whether this could be fixed or just glued down if you don't need the switch.
- The screws/threads have seen better days (it's over a decade old!) and you may need to bodge to get it screwed down tight. i used slivers of rubber so the screw would grip.

It does work fine and is quite an elegant solution to all those untidy cables. I'll do a photocopy of the wiring diagram (I've just bought a new one) and include that too.

Ta!
Steve