Why become a member? ×

Fender Vintage Reissue 57 Preicision Bass Fiesta Red (1982 Fullerton)

Badass

Guys a Guitarist friend of mine has just put this up for sale on eBay. A Fender Vintage Reissue 57 Preicision Bass Fiesta Red (1982 Fullerton) It was offered to me a few days ago, but I am not a fender guy. I may go over to his house in the next week to have a play though. :)

Images and sale can be found here: [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180757333599"]http://www.ebay.co.u...em=180757333599[/url]

Edited by Badass

[quote name='noelk27' timestamp='1321473723' post='1439702']
Any reason why you didn't list it in the "eBay Listings" section as opposed to the "For Sale" section?
[/quote]

...technically members can't promote their own listings in the eBay section, they are meant to put them on here with a price!

As the OP is not selling the instrument, (he's just liking us to a listing of an instrument owned by someone he knows) I've moved this to the eBay forum. I must request that the OP does NOT bump or promote this link - If you want to promote the listing, then please start a new sales thread and state an asking price as per Basschat rules.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1321478973' post='1439785']
As the OP is not selling the instrument, (he's just liking us to a listing of an instrument owned by someone he knows) I've moved this to the eBay forum. I must request that the OP does NOT bump or promote this link - If you want to promote the listing, then please start a new sales thread and state an asking price as per Basschat rules.
[/quote]

I hate to be pedantic but it clearly states that; "This forum [the ebay section] is for the discussion of Ebay auctions. Please do not promote your own auctions. If you have something to sell, please use the For Sale forums."

Technically the OP isn't promoting 'his' item but it's clearly the same thing... isn't it? If that is the case then I could get a mate to come on BC and promote any item that I list on ebay.

Not that it matters to me one jot and I suppose that rules are there to be broken. :)

Well - I could remove the mentions in the OP that says he knows the person if you like? If its not his auction and he doesn't bump or promote it, and the thread is left here for us to discuss the item should we want to, then I'd say that fits within the rules.

If you want your friend to do the same for your eBay auction and the same non-bumping, non-promoting rules apply then go for it.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1321484944' post='1439892']
Well - I could remove the mentions in the OP that says he knows the person if you like? If its not his auction and he doesn't bump or promote it, and the thread is left here for us to discuss the item should we want to, then I'd say that fits within the rules.

If you want your friend to do the same for your eBay auction and the same non-bumping, non-promoting rules apply then go for it.
[/quote]

:) TBH I'm not fussed I was simply pointing out that historically the strapline on the ebay section has been brought to the attention of forum members by the 'powers that be'... what you've suggested makes a mockery of the forum rules... very strange! :)

It's something I've brought up in the past, to be met with resounding silence. I suggest that if items went onto That Ebay, they could be advertised in For Sale as long as they also had a specific sale price, but that an auction-type request for bids in For Sale should (as at present) not be allowed.