Why become a member? ×

Warwick Profet IV

Mcgiver69

Well my mate bought one from a fellow Basschatter and now he wants to add an extra cab. The question is how to connect both.

The amps has 2 connections 1 XLR and 1 Speakon , I guess you connect one to the XLR and one to the Speakon but I just want to be sure I'm not going to fry the amp.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

The guy that can make a boat out of a hair band. (Mcgiver)

Oh BTW the manual is just pants so don't mention it!

[quote name='richy316' post='164089' date='Mar 26 2008, 11:37 PM']Daisy chain them! Speakon cable from Amp to Cab then Another Speakon Cable from Cab to Cab.[/quote]

That's the way...if you link them in paralel (daisy chain) then two cabs of 8ohms each will give you a total of 4ohms. I own a profet 5.1 and I use two cabs of 8 ohms each in the same way, connected trough XLR (speakon).

[quote]You don't have to daisy chain them. You could just plug the XLR speaker out into one 8 ohm cab and the Speakon speaker out into the other 8 ohm cab.

As the two outputs are wired in parallel, you'd get the same total of 4 ohms as if you daisy chain them.[/quote]

No you don't have to daisy chain them, but so i'm told the connection capabilities of a speakon cable compared to an XLR cable is far greater thus giving better conduction through the cable.

[quote name='richy316' post='164744' date='Mar 27 2008, 08:10 PM']No you don't have to daisy chain them, but so i'm told the connection capabilities of a speakon cable compared to an XLR cable is far greater thus giving better conduction through the cable.[/quote]

Ahhh! So one cab would get more power or a better signal than the other?