Why become a member? ×

Wal MK I Fretless

Laurence

Hey all,
I've got an imminent delivery of a brand new fretless Wal MK I.
I ordered it just over a year ago and I really, really can't wait till I get it (wanted one since I was about 14!).
I choose a Macassar Ebony fingerboard on a Canadian Rock Maple neck (with the two Brazilian Mahogany strips running through the middle) with a custom 39.7mm nut width and C neck shape. I asked for a lined neck with Mother of Pearl inlay dots on the fingerboard and side dots as well.
The body is made up of American Walnut Facings, a Brazilian Mahogany core and a Maple Veneer.
It'll be finished in about two weeks.
Thanks,
Laurence

Edited by Laurence

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1321296103' post='1437486']
Is that a MK I with an extended top horn (as in the MK II). Bet you have no finger nails left. Never played a Wal but would love to sometime.
[/quote]

It's just a standard MK I body, it needs a bit more work on the body before it's finished so that might be why it looks like it has an extended horn.

[quote name='henry norton' timestamp='1321300577' post='1437565']
Well I don't know about anyone else, but I'm jealous :)
[/quote]

Haha! :lol:

[quote name='blind pilot' timestamp='1321360184' post='1438138']
Looks lovely, I am so green :) (but in a nice way!) :o you can see the care that these are built with.

I look forward to the Day I can place my order with Paul :) .....I just dont know when that day might come though!

I bet you are so excited - nice feeling I bet! :o
[/quote]

I know what you mean! When that day comes though, I promise it'll be worth it! B)
Whenever the next bass bash down south is, I'll try and come along and I'll bring this!

So.......it's been finished! It's having a few tweaks and adjustments made to it and I'm picking it up next week around Wednesday!
I'm so glad I waited for my very own custom Wal instead of buying one of the old models or customs!
I'll tell you all how it plays and sounds when I pick it up!

[quote name='Killerfridge' timestamp='1322517095' post='1452096']
Pick it up already!
[/quote]

Got it yesterday at about 7pm, absolutely stunning! The workshop looks incredible at the moment, all of the basses are looking spectacular!
Paul is an absolutely great bloke and the work he's doing in there as nothing but amazing.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1322734675' post='1454948']
NBD?? Did you bother going to work today or did you get your priorities right and stay at home to play? I bet you're not even going to be on BC for the next few days.. :) :)

Hope you enjoy the new bass..
[/quote]

I got my priorities right and stayed at home! :) Still need BC though haha!
The bass has the most amazing neck, the best Wal neck that I've played by far...... The fingerboard grain is inexplicable, only seeing it can some up how incredible it is.
Thanks mate!