Why become a member? ×

Should I sell/trade my NC410 combo? (Edit)

Doc B

I got my Nemesis NC410 4x10 combo (sorry got the model number wrong - the amp section is NC320) brand new from GuitarGuitar in Glasgow almost exactly 2 years ago as I needed something to get the sound I wanted in the band I was in. Typically the band fell apart 3 weeks later and I haven't played in a band situation since then - just playing along with records, my wife's piano or home recording.

This combo is great and very loud - capable of drowning out a Marshall half-stack. I love its clear sound, especially with my Groove bass but I feel it deserves to be used at more than 1/5 volume - it's definitely surplus to my requirements at home. Effects come through really well too.

It's only been out of the house once to go to a rehearsal and the only damage is a crack in one of the side handles caused during transit. The repair is absolutely solid. Apart from that it's in showroom condition.

I have a decent enough Marshall AS50 twin channel amp that I can use with my Sansamp at home. I suppose my only worry is that I'll sell the Nemesis and then get in a band again but I've had nothing going on for the past 2 years.

Anyway - I'd be interested in your views and even offers if you fancy this combo.

BTW I love just outside Glasgow.

I would consider a trade for a Trace BLX150 if anyone has one! :)

Edited by Doc B

• 4 weeks later...

Don't do it ! You'll regret it at some point sooner or later. If you don't need the space (or the money) then be happy you've got something that still sounds great at 1/5 volume ! You say you love the sound. There you go then ! Imo it's the best sounding, most versatile combo you can buy. Get rid of the other two pieces of kit instead and be happy that you can play it at home AND blow them all away when you finally get that next gig !