Why become a member? ×

Akai Deep Impact Synth Pedal

robertw7256

[quote name='danhkr' timestamp='1324335859' post='1473266']
Well I wouldn't chance it. If I could get that sort of money, it'd be gone just in case.
[/quote]

I sold mine a couple of years ago for 1/2 of what they go for these days. I didn't use it and fancied a new bass.

• 4 weeks later...

I spoke to the guy and he reckoned that the power adapter was broken/dodgy. Funnily enough he was selling a few other bits of synth stuff so it was his area..now, and I might be wrong, but if you have one of these then surely you would have a fair idea of worth..and what does a replacement PU cost £20.....dontcha think you might try that before selling for under half what they seem to be making, especially as it had box and manual with it.....hmmm stopped me bidding for sure..lol...But then someone might have got a bit of a bargain.

Lets see if anyone sticks their hand up and admits to being a twat or scoffs at the rest of us for the steal of 2012 so far. ;)

• 2 months later...

Took delivery of mine yesterday and on the back of first tinkerings I would 100% agree with your comment. I have also just shifted on a Mark Bass Super Synth so feel in a pretty good position to comment on both pedals!

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1321217975' post='1436691']

Not in my experience...... Doesn't come close in fact
[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1333878996' post='1607585']
Took delivery of mine yesterday and on the back of first tinkerings I would 100% agree with your comment. I have also just shifted on a Mark Bass Super Synth so feel in a pretty good position to comment on both pedals!
[/quote]

Let me know what you think to the Super Synth. I was intrigued by the youtube vid that showed how much stuff you can edit on your computer. Is it possible to get sounds similar to the Deep impact on it?

I found the Super Synth very hard to programme through my laptop and I am no technophobe!! It really is not terribly user friendly and I got frustrated with it very quickly indeed. By contrast the Deep Impact suits me a lot more as you just have to turn the dial to get the sound that you want!

I would say that the Mark Bass gets close but there is just something about the DI that works a lot better for me.

[quote name='Dudgeman' timestamp='1334534814' post='1617418']
Let me know what you think to the Super Synth. I was intrigued by the youtube vid that showed how much stuff you can edit on your computer. Is it possible to get sounds similar to the Deep impact on it?
[/quote]

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1334743300' post='1620459']
TBH I think the bubble will burst pretty soon and you'll be able to pick one up for more sensible money, they can't be stuck at those inflated prices forever.
[/quote]Hmm Should sell mine soon ;) heh

Yep the prices seem to be coming down ever so slightly!

[quote name='ted_manzie' timestamp='1334746486' post='1620519']
i was watching one on ebay this week, seller was doing 'best offer' with a buy it now at $775 - it went for $650 ($48 post to UK) which makes it about £470 not including import duty.
[/quote]

I genuinely think that with money the way it is for most people they just reached an unattainable and frankly stupid level. £300 max is all I would ever spend on one..be happier in the £200's though...maybe one day..!

Edited by Dudgeman

Does anyone know how many of these were actually made? Seems to me that supply and demand is keeping the price up at the moment just like the MuTron III and the Lovetone Meatball for example.

[quote name='Dudgeman' timestamp='1335223837' post='1627717']
I genuinely think that with money the way it is for most people they just reached an unattainable and frankly stupid level. £300 max is all I would ever spend on one..be happier in the £200's though...maybe one day..!
[/quote]

the price seems to be high because its got no real competition?
it seems like a fairly limited but effective digital synth, with very good tracking (from what i hear).

in contrast the keyboard synth world is currently full of great true analog synths that would [i]exterminate[/i] the DI in terms of fat bass sound! (and price!)
if only they could be played by the bass :)

[quote name='ted_manzie' timestamp='1335252070' post='1627825']
the price seems to be high because its got no real competition?
it seems like a fairly limited but effective digital synth, with very good tracking (from what i hear).

in contrast the keyboard synth world is currently full of great true analog synths that would [i]exterminate[/i] the DI in terms of fat bass sound! (and price!)
if only they could be played by the bass :)
[/quote]

MIDI?
I used to use a midi controller on my bass to control a Novation Bass Station. Deep Impact is much easier to use.