Why become a member? ×

Akai Deep Impact Synth Pedal

robertw7256

I have a very very rare Akai Deep Impact pedal for sale. I dont want to sell this, but have fallen on hard times. :)

It is in Emacculate condition inc original box manual and power supply . its the only synth pedal that tracks so well, even with the low B string. They just dont make them like this anymore.
There are two on ebay now, one similar to this, for a buy it now price of £750 the other is £650 with no power supply or box.
Im looking for £650, due to its condition, original box, power supply etc..
serious offers are welcome.

Email
[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] for pics, or any info

it will go on ebay in a week, thought id give bass chat first dibs. :)

I can't believe the prices these that are being asked for these now..especially in these times. People are mad. There are 3 on Ebay at the mo for £650.. One of them is on it's 3rd listing so presumably no one is buying at that price...It can't be Muse fanism because if you are buying this pedal to sound like Chris you don't know your arse from your elbow and you will be sorely disappointed. I do genuinely wish you all the luck in the world and if I had one for sale it would love the thought that I would get £650 plus for it but I play in a full on Muse tribute and don't have one..and more importantly don't have any need for one in a 2 hour set.
It is a great pedal and as a bass player I would love one of these...but Rare?? do me a favour there's at least one or two on Ebay every week at the moment. They crop up with monotonous regularity...Just to put this price in perspective I believe the RRP was $120..lol!
That being said all the best with the sale.....and to think 3 years ago I missed one from a dealer for £60 by 12 hours

But it IS Muse fanism that drove them up..rare or not. Simply put Hysteria was recorded with one, and that's what the clones want. Sure anyone with a distortion pedal and clean chops doesn't [i]need[/i] one and can pull any of their songs off, but thats isn't how fanatics work.

RE Hysteria..It is not totally correct Muse Fanism, I know exactly how the sound is achieved (because I am a fanatic hence playing in a full on Muse tribute) and having said that I am moving on, there are enough discussions and threads on this...... But re the Deep impact the price is what it is..The one on Ebay Made £350..I reckon thats a fair "ish" price, gutted for the seller..never like to see a fellow bass player fall on hard times and for him I wish it made £650 but for me for the future maybe I can own one of these at that sort of money, certainly more of a prospect than at £650 ...lol

[quote name='Dudgeman' timestamp='1321925413' post='1444563']
RE Hysteria..It is not totally correct Muse Fanism, I know exactly how the sound is achieved (because I am a fanatic hence playing in a full on Muse tribute) and having said that I am moving on, there are enough discussions and threads on this...... But re the Deep impact the price is what it is..The one on Ebay Made £350..I reckon thats a fair "ish" price, gutted for the seller..never like to see a fellow bass player fall on hard times and for him I wish it made £650 but for me for the future maybe I can own one of these at that sort of money, certainly more of a prospect than at £650 ...lol
[/quote]

There was one on eBay (UK Based) a few months back that went for £750. Crazy Prices. People will still pay.

I love mine, it's my longest serving pedal now (except my Tuner).

Good luck to the OP.

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1322210083' post='1447851']
Nope you are very correct....... I am looking for another though ;o)
[/quote]

Investment for the future, or are you expecting a double failure?

Sometimes I think I miss not having one anymore, then I remember I spent most of my time getting annoyed by it.

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1322211980' post='1447884']
Investment for the future, or are you expecting a double failure?

Sometimes I think I miss not having one anymore, then I remember I spent most of my time getting annoyed by it.
[/quote]

Bit of both really.... although both of mine have been really rock solid. Plus with the set list we now have.... there is a lot more synth bass being used, it's much easier just having two units set up and being able to switch between patches is quicker than trying to up/down switch through them on stage. I do really need a third unit

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1322212437' post='1447893']
Bit of both really.... although both of mine have been really rock solid. Plus with the set list we now have.... there is a lot more synth bass being used, it's much easier just having two units set up and being able to switch between patches is quicker than trying to up/down switch through them on stage. I do really need a third unit
[/quote]

The lack of an up switch always confused me. I did make one in the end, but it always felt like Akai cut corners.

Still, they're brilliant pedals.

Edited by bartelby

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='flippyfloop' timestamp='1324233705' post='1472143']
Akai should re-release / update these !
[/quote]If they used exactly the same componants , and they sounded exactly the same , they'd still be a market for the original ones as some people would convince themselves that they were better .

[quote name='danhkr' timestamp='1324245936' post='1472277']
If I had one I'd offload it asap. As soon as Akai cotton on, they'll re-release it and these insane values will drop.
[/quote]

I doubt it. They would have done it long before now. Even if they did, the crazy people would still want the 1st version as it would be better then an identical reissue.

Akai have announced a whole new range of pedals and there's no synth pedal in there.

EDIT: must learn to read all responses before posting...

Edited by bartelby

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1324282364' post='1472424']
I doubt it. They would have done it long before now. Even if they did, the crazy people would still want the 1st version as it would be better then an identical reissue.

Akai have announced a whole new range of pedals and there's no synth pedal in there.

EDIT: must learn to read all responses before posting...
[/quote]

Well I wouldn't chance it. If I could get that sort of money, it'd be gone just in case.