Why become a member? ×

Reputation system

Hamster

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' timestamp='1321810745' post='1443315']
I was feeling guilty, so I voted up one of your previous posts & then I see you've taken your revenge already. This could get messy. :) :)
[/quote]
Honestly, that wasn't me who negged you.

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1321810909' post='1443317']
I just realised that with it being anonymous a sh*t stirrer could inflame things by negging posts top wind folk up.
[/quote]

Is that a confession?

If so then prepare to have your arse negged out of existence! :)

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1321810909' post='1443317']
I just realised that with it being anonymous a sh*t stirrer could inflame things by negging posts top wind folk up.
[/quote]
My hat's off to you if you're this particular sh*t stirrer. That was pretty darn amusing.

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1321811491' post='1443337']
Sadly no but could make an interesting slant to some of the more interesting threads in Off topic.

Plus I assume our double accounter was caught by using the same IP for 2 accounts.

But then most people have their computer and say a smartphone with internet access. If you use one account on each device wouldn't that be harder to trace.
[/quote]
depends if they are using the same router to post from on the phone as they do for their computer. could be a shared ip address.

For me the site works great. Apart from a couple of days where things were a bit dodgy its been fine.

If it helps i run a web based application for about 4000 clients. When i have to troubleshoot individual problems (daily) it is almost always related to a problem on the user machine. I know this doesn't help Beedster or others with issues but its a fact of life that computer and software mixes are unique to a user. For example, someone on a Mac using Firefox may get different experiences to another using a PC and Internet Explorer. AV software, adware, toolbars, scans, temp files, firewalls etc. I sometimes think that its amazing that any of it works at all.

If this is an "off the shelf" bit of software i would have thought that there would be a community somewhere on the net with a decent FAQ section that answers the problems that some BC users are experiencing? Or maybe BC should start one? It could go as a sticky and list some common problems and solutions? Just thinking out aloud.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1321810051' post='1443300']
My "Like" number appears to be in freefall. I've had three negs today & I've hardly posted!

Is there any way of jumping to the posts that have been negged, as I haven't a clue which ones they are & I'm curious, but not curious enough to trawl through every post I've ever made looking for the offending ones.
[/quote]
You got neg'd in the iBass thread - probably by the poster who wanted it to be all-Fender all the time...

[quote name='dave.c' timestamp='1322172127' post='1447655']
Keep hitting the little arrows by accident as they are just where I scroll on my phone, don't have a clue who or what I have liked or neg'd so apologies, I only just realised that I was doing it and had no intention of using the system, seems a bit silly to me!
[/quote]

That post made me laugh so much it was worth waiting 60 seconds to reply! I love the idea that somewhere in internetland there are really elated members thrilled that their opinion on, for example, Flea versus Mark King met with such a positive response, whilst elsewhere others are phoning their therapists to discuss why their perfectly rational POV on the matter is meeting with such negativity :)

I would Pos it :)

[i][/i]

[size=6][b]Reputation Vote: Shock Outcome[/b][/size]

[size=5][b]Unexpected Dismay At 'Like' Victory Party[/b][/size]

[b][size=3]'Like' party supporters - m[size=3]oments before the shock result [/size][/size][/b]
[size=2]This story updated at 23:35 25/11/2011[/size]

[b][size=5]BITTER ALLEGATIONS AS CAMPAIGN BITES DUST[/size][/b]

[size=2][size=3][size=4]The champagne was cooling in silver buckets as waiters circled the room, dispensing canapes and cheesy pineapple sticks. Victory was in the air.[/size][/size][/size]

[size=2][size=3][size=4]Moments later, 'Like' party supporters were crushed by the news that squabbling election officials had finally adopted the First Past The Post system. Despite a clear majority for Like and Like/Dislike over 'Discontinue', the dark forces of repression had gathered like a summer storm to rain on their parade.[/size][/size][/size]

[size=2][size=3][size=4]Women fainted and men wept in corners as the news sunk in. Hopes hung in tatters. The dream was over. No more glad morn when joy it was to be alive. The piss was on the chips.[/size][/size][/size]

[size=5][b]World Reaction[/b][/size]

[size=2][size=3][size=4]Election officials raced to limit damage by shutting down media channels. But it was too late. Around the globe, political reaction was swift and damning. [/size][/size][/size][size=2][size=3][size=4]President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe described the outcome as " a fix, a cheat. The worst rigging I have ever seen." [/size][/size][/size]

[size=2][size=3][size=4]Russian strongman Vladimir Putin dubbed it "an affront against democracy. The 'Like' Party have been made to eat a sh*t sandwich. And it was the fascist counter-revolutionaries who buttered the bread."[/size][/size][/size]

[size=2][size=3][size=4]The leader of the free world, President Barack Obama stormed: "Can we [i]do[/i] it? Not on this occasion!" [/size][/size][/size]

[size=5][b]Resignation And Acceptance[/b][/size]

[size=2][size=3][size=4]But political pressure will not be enough and 'Like' party leaders have reluctantly agreed to respect the result. Thanks to their self-sacrifice the streets of Britain are calm tonight. But as crestfallen partygoers stumbled from the wreckage of the celebrations more than one voice was heard demanding revenge. [/size][/size][/size]

[size=2][size=3][size=4]"From now on, it's -1 all the way. See how the ****ers like that" raged a middle-aged man, spittle flying from his mouth like a Niagara of hate.[/size][/size][/size]

[size=2][size=3][size=4]Perhaps the saddest indictment was uttered by a tiny, coughing orphan huddled in a doorway: [/size][/size][/size]

[size=2][size=3][size=4]"I thought things were going to change and I'd (cough) wake up to a bright new day. (Cough) But no-one cares about the little people anymore. (Cough-cough)"[/size][/size][/size]

[color=#f0fff0][size=2][size=3][size=4].[/size][/size][/size][/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

FWIW I think you guys did the right thing dropping it - even though you wiped out a whole bunch of pos's I never even knew I had until I found them by chance! :)

I can imagine quite a lot of mischief being perpetrated with this system, and I'm not convinced it actually achieved anything not otherwise available to members.