Why become a member? ×

Wm2

Papou

Hello,

I've decided to sales this killer [color=#ff0000]Wal [/color]MK II 1989 .

It's in a great condition. Wenge facings over mahogany core, ebony fretboard. It weighs in at slightly below 5 kgs. Frets are fine. Neck straight. Very very low action.
Currently strung with Sadowski steel strings. Only flaw is that sometimes there is some creaking sound from the bridge poti, but that shouldn't be a great issue. Also, there is no [color=#ff0000]midi[/color] module with this bass, since I purchased the bass without one from SPIRITCHASER (is original owner was editor-in-chief of the reknown bass magazine "Bass Professor"). Having emailed the original developer of that [color=#ff0000]midi[/color] system, Steve Chick told me that these module wouldl crop up now and then on the second hand market, since they were not produced for [color=#ff0000]Wal[/color] exclusively.

Otherwise fully working electronics & very powerful output featuring that thunderous [color=#ff0000]Wal[/color] tone we're all after.

Keep in mind that these [color=#ff0000]midi[/color] [color=#ff0000]Wal[/color]s are very rare and collectible items.

Comes in a sturdy, as-new Warwick RoadReady Rockcase. I'm willing to ship worldwide.

This is a great sounding and playing [color=#ff0000]Wall[/color]

Cheers

Claude

Edited by Papou

scuse my curiosity but the wal midi basses i have seen before had plastic fretboards with electronic frets that were made up of 4 separate contacts on each fret? and not seen a midi pick up near the bridge before? does it have the 15 pin connection on rear?cheers

[quote name='adledman' timestamp='1321191498' post='1436234']
scuse my curiosity but the wal midi basses i have seen before had plastic fretboards with electronic frets that were made up of 4 separate contacts on each fret? and not seen a midi pick up near the bridge before? does it have the 15 pin connection on rear?cheers
[/quote]

Had a 5 string wal midi bass,the fretboard was ebony routed top 2 bottom zig zaged with all the cables for the fret contacts in.with a thin layer of plastic over the fretboard,mine was 1 of 2 .mine was candy apple red gloss,and there was a blue 1 the same gold fittings,lovely basses,went up 2 wycombe 2 pick mine up.wish i kept it now,damn...wals are fetching a fortune these days.lol.that pickup near the bridge does seem non standard,may be wrong.....

[quote name='adledman' timestamp='1321191498' post='1436234']
[/quote]
[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1321210252' post='1436544']
Well spotted!

That looks like a non standard addition.
[/quote]
[quote name='andysg42' timestamp='1321212756' post='1436599']
Had a 5 string wal midi bass,the fretboard was ebony routed top 2 bottom zig zaged with all the cables for the fret contacts in.with a thin layer of plastic over the fretboard,mine was 1 of 2 .mine was candy apple red gloss,and there was a blue 1 the same gold fittings,lovely basses,went up 2 wycombe 2 pick mine up.wish i kept it now,damn...wals are fetching a fortune these days.lol.that pickup near the bridge does seem non standard,may be wrong.....
[/quote]

This is a 100/100 Midi Wal....with a special option .... the same "pick ups" that Jonas Helborg got on his Wal see the picture

[quote name='andysg42' timestamp='1321212756' post='1436599']
[/quote]
You, Sir, let a bass technical legend slip through your fingers. Those instruments are like the Porsche 959, Ferrari F40s and McLaren F1s of the bass world. Yes ultimately they MAY be surpassed technically but deserve mythological status simply because they are geek, standard setting instruments and may never be commercially justifiable in the future.

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1321245895' post='1436894']
You, Sir, let a bass technical legend slip through your fingers. Those instruments are like the Porsche 959, Ferrari F40s and McLaren F1s of the bass world. Yes ultimately they MAY be surpassed technically but deserve mythological status simply because they are geek, standard setting instruments and may never be commercially justifiable in the future.
[/quote]

In a way, I'd liken them to Group B rally cars. The likes of which we'll probably never see again...

Uber rare beast, especially a very early one. I have one of these, and even for being 21+ yrs old it's a technical wonder to me...an amazing and unlimited instrument.

The one for sale being a 1989 is very early for a Midi, and with that pickup being there, I've only seen the promo Midi Wal's used in ads having that, so yeah it's a really early Midi.

I've always wondered if the Peavey rack module would match right up with the Wal?

Either way, good luck with the sale!

[quote name='mikeswals' timestamp='1321411019' post='1438877']
Uber rare beast, especially a very early one. I have one of these, and even for being 21+ yrs old it's a technical wonder to me...an amazing and unlimited instrument.

The one for sale being a 1989 is very early for a Midi, and with that pickup being there, I've only seen the promo Midi Wal's used in ads having that, so yeah it's a really early Midi.

I've always wondered if the Peavey rack module would match right up with the Wal?

Either way, good luck with the sale!
[/quote].
Thanks.........''

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

About the extra pickup and midi frets... Does the extra pickup displace the two humbuckers from the standard Wal positions, and if so how much effect on sound does this have? Also, what is that extra pickup for exactly... midi or regular? Finally, I've seen pics of the midi frets, and they look like they're split in four by tiny grooves. Do the grooves in the frets affect when you string bend?

Sorry for questions, not very familiar with midi Wals.

• 1 month later...

[sub]I think I might have made a discovery about this bass....I think this MKII body was used in the Wal catalog picture. This bass has pickups positioned a little further away from the bridge to make room for the midi pickup, The Wal catalog showing off the MKII bodystyle shows what appears to be the same body. [/sub]

[quote name='mikeswals' timestamp='1332266942' post='1585847']
[sub]I think I might have made a discovery about this bass....I think this MKII body was used in the Wal catalog picture. This bass has pickups positioned a little further away from the bridge to make room for the midi pickup, The Wal catalog showing off the MKII bodystyle shows what appears to be the same body. [/sub]
[/quote]
Thanks....