Why become a member? ×

Ashdown little bastard

deanbean502

I gigged mine last Fri in our 8 pice Funk/soul band (hard hitting drummer & keys player who sticks his fingers in his ears when we get too loud :-) Was in a Med sized club with about 250-300 ppl -so club was moderately full - I had The LB-30 DI'd but only needed a little in the PA as I was cranking it ONstage (Keyboardist had his fingers IN the ears towards the end as the vol crept up) It sounded great. Didn't have much heardroom left-if any- but it did the job wonderfully!

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1321212667' post='1436597']
I've used one with a 4x10 Hartke cab with Aluminium drivers, sounded great and had plenty headroom for a reasonably sized pub. It is primarily made for sounding awesome at lower volumes, but I had no problems even so competing with a full band. As walbassist said though, it's got a nice, clean DI out.
[/quote]

There is a Hartke 4x10 in one of the studios we use which I really like, i am going to take my little bastard along next practice and see whats its like. Im just a bit worried that the needle is going to be constantly bouncing into there red!

Thanks for all your replies guys