Why become a member? ×

VOX, Original 60's Beatles Bass Head & Cab....SOLD!!!!

Rick's Fine '52

[b][u][size=3][font=Verdana]Original Beatles 60’s Vox Bass Rig[/font][/size][/u][/b]

[size=3][font=Verdana]I'm selling my [b]Vox Super Foundation Bass[/b] Rig. This is the amp that Paul McCartney used with the Beatles for recording Norwegian Wood, Day Tripper and Lady Madonna, and there may well be others, although these are documented (Based on some quick research). Prior to me purchasing this rig, it had one owner from new, and is all original. A fine example of a super rare, matched rig.[/font][/size]

[b][u][size=3][font=Verdana]Amp Head[/font][/size][/u][/b]

[size=3][font=Verdana][b]VOX SUPER FOUNDATION BASS[/b]. Serial Number 2680, which I believe, from research (I’m no expert, so please check for yourself), that this dates from 1967-1968, although they are not always entirely accurate, from what I’ve read.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana]Twin channel, [b]200Watt [/b]Solid State Head. The ‘Big One’.[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=Verdana]Effects and distortion knobs, footswitch, plus controls and inputs for each channel. [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=Verdana]The cloth is all intact, and in excellent condition, the corner protectors are all original, with VOX decals. The top grilles are also original with VOX decals. Handle again is original, with VOX decal. All parts are original. ‘VOX’ badge, and ‘Super Foundation Bass’ badge are intact and original.[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=Verdana]Rear, metal, serial number plate label intact.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana]Channel 1 is not working (?), although as its solid state there isn’t much to check/repair, sadly I don’t have the knowledge for such things, its been like this since I bought it, and I just haven’t got round to looking at it, and if I’m honest, probably never will. [/font][/size]

[font=Verdana][size=3]I originally bought this to pair, and display with a Hofner Violin Bass, [/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=3]but it never materialised![/size][/font]

[b][u][size=3][font=Verdana]Speaker Cabinet[/font][/size][/u][/b]

[size=3][font=Verdana][b]VOX SUPER TWIN FOUNDATION BASS[/b], Serial number 327, which I believe, from research (I’m no expert, so please check for yourself), that this dates from 1967-1968, although they are not always entirely accurate, from what I’ve read. It was purchased brand new with the head, so assume dating is consistent.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana]2x15” Vertical stacked speakers, the diamond cloth is all intact, with some scuffs expected with this age, and in very good condition, no rips or holes, the corner protectors are all original, with VOX decals. All parts are original. Vertical ‘VOX’ badge, and ‘Super Twin Foundation Bass’ badge are intact and original. Rear, metal, serial number plate label intact.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana]Cab comes with original trolley casters on rear, and metal holding stands to front. The top comes with the original chrome tubular handlebars, used to push/pull the unit around (despite its size, this addition is an extremely simple design, and makes the unit easy to transport around. These chrome tubular bars also act as the support cradle for the amp head, which locates itself on top. These original chrome stands are extremely sought after in their own right.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana]Overall, this is a fantastic, all original, rarely seen, and importantly, a [i]perfectly matched[/i] vintage sixties Vox bass rig, cosmetically it shows it's age with the expected wear and tear but nothing major wrong as the pictures show. [/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana]The unit is quite large and so local pick-up is the only sensible option available, which can be arranged from [b]Cambridge[/b] . It’s large, but the cab fits on the backseat of my Mondeo (Yes, i know, sorry about that :)), so you don’t need to rent a HGV!![/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana]I‘m not big on amps (Vintage guitars is my thing), so have based the price on recent sales prices on similar items, and after some advice from someone far more knowledgable. So if you're interested, please make an offer of what it's worth to you. I need to sell this rig, as i need the space, so get in touch.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana]Apparently worth around £1200[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana]Uber cool rig though, wish I had the space to keep it.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana]Thanks for looking.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana][attachment=92963:vox1.jpg][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana][attachment=92964:vox2.jpg][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana][attachment=92965:vox3.jpg][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana][attachment=92966:vox4.jpg][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana][attachment=92967:vox5.jpg][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana][attachment=92968:vox6.jpg][/font][/size]

Edited by Rick's Fine '52