Why become a member? ×

It's the Final Countdown ummmmm Clearout

Nick Brown

As some of you will have read in the dim distant past due to ongoing arthritis problems in my hands I'm all but giving up bass playing for other musical outlets. Hence I'm clearing out the instrument locker, well all except my Fodera Monarch and AJ Presentation, the following two basses are therefore up for sale :-

Wood & Tronics Zoid 5 str

Maple thru neck, Rosewood board, Alder body, Ziricote facings. 33" scale and currently strung EADGC but would equally well work strung more conventionally with some adjustment (nut etc;). East preamp with a gazillion knobs all described on the W&T website, Seymour Duncan pickups. Custom tailpiece and thru body stringing. This bass looks and sounds cracking has not been gigged, well to be honest has hardly been played. Could use a light fretstone to knock of some sharp edges apart from that it is top notch. Gig bag included. Price is £1750

STR LS648 6 str

Maple bolt on neck, Maple board, Ash body, Wenge top. 34" scale. Aguilar OBP3 pre , custom STR pickups. I really can't say enough about the quality and craftsmanship of these sadly underrated basses. Thunderous sound and very playable indeed. In excellent condition just one or two little marks none on the playing surfaces. Price is £850

I would prefer that these instruments were collected rather than shipped if at all possible.

Happy looking !

Cheers

Nick

Hi,

the string spacing is 18mm as indicated in the 648 model number. The model number breaks down as follows :-

The first digit indicates the number of strings.
The second digit indicates the scale length - 4=34 5=35
The third digit is the string spacing at the bridge, just add 10 to this number for the spacing figure.

Cheers

Nick

[quote name='Taa' timestamp='1320873766' post='1432721']
Lovely STR here! is that 19mm string spacing or ?

Thanks and free bump...
[/quote]

[quote name='rapscallion' timestamp='1320920036' post='1433051']
Some seriously nice basses there. Are you sure you have to let them go?
[/quote]

Not really a case of having to, just that they are sitting around unplayed at the moment and it would be nice to free up the space.
And of course the proceeds can then be reinvested.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1320956765' post='1433822']
Slightly off topic but - you have an AJ Presentation & a Monarch, how cool. I've never seen an AJ in the flesh :)

HAve you posted pics of these anywhere here?
[/quote]

Hiya, I thought I had posted pics of the AJ here but a search didn't bring them up. Shoot me a pm if you want some pics of the AJ to drool over :) Cheers Nick

[quote name='Nick Brown' timestamp='1322065927' post='1446119']
Surely someone fancies an early Xmas present ?

[/quote]

Yeah, certainly if you're giving it away! Seriously nice basses there, good luck with the sale and the arthritis.

I was walking through a cemetery this crisp autumn morning and suddenly thought of the STR, for some reason!

Sorry to hear about the hand problems. Reason I am learning bass now is because I saw my dad struggling with his own arthritis (a hereditary type)... i realised i should wiggle my fingers while I still can, whether that's a week, a year, or ten... then go back to the computer stuff when that's getting a bit difficult! The god of bass is great, but the god of music is greater still...

• 7 months later...

Was just running through the remaining cases and gig bags and came across the following, strange as it might seen I forgot I had it. Still it has to go to a good new home ....

Alembic Brown Bass:- Mahogany body, Flame Walnut front and back facings. Mahogany, Maple, Walnut through neck. Ebony fretboard with oval MOP inlays. Two Alembic p/us.
Controls are individual volume, Q switch for each p/u, Filter control for each p/u and p/u selector switch.

Condition is excellent, it has really not been played ..... could maybe do with a slight fret dress to remove some sharp ends. Tools and hard case included ..... somehow I have mislaid the case keys but I will search and see if they turn up.

Looking for 2500 GBP ovno.

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/Nick_Bassman/DSC_0098.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/Nick_Bassman/DSC_0099.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/Nick_Bassman/DSC_0101.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/Nick_Bassman/DSC_0102.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/Nick_Bassman/DSC_0100.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='BMBR' timestamp='1340810527' post='1709950']
You forgot you had an Alembic ??? LOL.
[/quote]

I know it sounds incredible but ..... yes lol

It was only my wife forcing me to clear out a corner in a spare room that unearthed it.

I really need help !!