Why become a member? ×

Lots of FX for sale

Default_M

Having a bit of an FX clear out because I just got an Axe Fx 2. These pedals are all great and I'll miss them but the whole idea of buying the Axe was to simplify my set up and so I can't be a hypocrite and keep both set ups.

I may also have a Deluxe Memory Man for sale but only at the right price as I love it.

[b]Electro Harmonix Metal Muff[/b] - £40

[b]Electro Harmonix Big Muff[/b] - £35

Comes with power supply.

[b]Boss TU-2 Tuner[/b] - £40

Excellent condition. Comes boxed.

[b]Nocaster True Bypass Looper[/b] - £50

This basically lets you switch your FX Loop on and off with one button and the effects connected to the front of the amp with the other.
I used it live with my band so that I could do things like switch my delay, chorus and overdrive on/off all at once with just one stomp.
All writing is pencil and can be erased.

Edited by Default_M

that looper looks interesting, I would like to know more:
[list=1]
[*]have I understood correctly that you can mute output to amp entirely with one button and with the other you can select or de-select the FX loop?
[*]is it TBP?
[*]how well does it balance the singal strength to the amp between FX and Clean? I.e. do you get any annoying jumps/losses in volume coing out of amp?
[*]can you tell us a bit more about what else it does, as it looks like a clever little thingy?
[/list]

The fuzz is quite a harsh sounding one rather than a smooth muff type.
I think if my memory is right then one dial is for volume, one for amount of fuzz and then the other is like a feedback circuit for funny noises that's activated by pressing the other footswitch and the dial controls the pitch.
Sometimes I could get it to make the funny noises and others I couldn't. It seemed to depend on where you had the other dials set and how loud the volume was. I didn't really know what I was doing to be honest so its just sat unused.

The looper is true bypass. You put a chain of effects that you'd normally have in front of your amp in one side, and in the other the effects you'd normally have in the fx loop. You can then switch either or both loops on and off with the switches.
If you want no effects in front of your amp then I think there is a way to use it to cut the front of amp signal completely so that there's no volume when the switch is activated, but that's not what I used it for.
In front of my amp I had an Ibanez TS9, a volume pedal and the Boss tuner; none of which are true bypass so I just used to keep the TS9 on all the time but use the looper to cut the signal to it so my guitar was effectively plugged straight in to the front of the amp.
Then in my FX loop I had my modulation effects, so if I was on a section of a song with no effects whatsoever I'd have both loops off but I'd activate the 3 or 4 effects I needed for the next section of the song. When the section came around I'd stomp on both switches at the same time so that all 4 effects came on instantaneously, rather than having to tap dance and get 4 effects staggered across 3 seconds.
It just made things a lot more simple to be able to turn effects on at my leisure in an effectless part of a song and not be able to hear them, then have them all come on at the same time.

For me the balance was perfect on the front of amp loop but when activating the fx loop switch there was a very small dip in volume. I think this depends on the amp and the effects that you're using in there though.
I spoke to the guy who made this for me and he said it was unavoidable with it being true bypass. The effects you put in there are sucking the tone a bit, and then when you completely take them out you get sent back to the pure tone and often its slightly louder. I played loads of gigs with it and never noticed live so its not huge.

Very sorry about that, I must have missed your PM and I've not been checking the thread because I'm supposed to just get emails for it and I've had none.
The splatter fuzz sold almost immediately and looking at the time/date it was before your PM, but I apologise for keeping you hanging there.

• 3 weeks later...