Why become a member? ×

Nicest Signature Bass?

LiamPodmore

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1321131528' post='1435792']
Look at the grain.
[/quote]
What are you on about? That's obviously the same bass with the 12 fret shopped. I was just pointing out the main difference of the '51 to the '54/'53 for Spaz.

How are the new pills doing? :)

Edited by Ou7shined

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1321131993' post='1435807']
Ah I thought you were commenting after mine. Sorwey

New drugs fine except repeat was the wrong strength. New Baby is the excuse for ditzyness :) :)
[/quote]

Haha good luck to you man.
I thought for a moment you'd maybe joined up with these whippersnappers who like to pick fault with my posts here recently. :)

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1321137424' post='1435895']
You should know by now if I was picking fault you wouldn't have been thinking it :)

I do find it odd they have a shopped picture of a slab bass to show something described as cuntoured . As for the prices. I have given up on working out the value of 2nd hand stuff. I thought women were fickle until I started watching prices of music gear :) :)
[/quote]
Especially with F basses. :o

Steve Harris's current Fender Signature Series P Bass is my favourite signature bass out there. I saw it, wanted it, bought it and love it. It only comes out for special occasions too but more recently, i've actually started using it for band practise (no one gets to go near it though for obvious reasons)

Other sig models I do like and would love to get are the Fender Duff McKagan and Fender Geddy Lee. As you can tell, I'm a huge Fender fan and now only use my Fender basses (and the Squier VM Jazz '77 I've got)
Oh, I do like the white/maple Tony Franklin Fretted P/J bass too... But that's all :)

In terms of signature models I'd like to see made, I'd love to see a Lakland Geezer Butler signature made based on his black on black with rosewood boarded P/J bass (including the Black Sabbath logo on the pickguard, pictured below) as well as Yamaha doing a signature model of the bass James Lomenzo uses (as far as i'm aware, that's not a signature model, it's just a custom one off bass he had made for himself)

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1320956831' post='1433823']
James Lomenzo's Yamaha is pretty nice - you could move a lot of air with that, I reckon.

[/quote]

Oh dearie dearie me, I need one of those. I could live without the mud bucker, but a maple board on the 2024x and two split-coils? Must, must have. I will sell the lot, and body parts, for one. The 2024 I played last year was so, so good, but the rosewood boards are a deal breaker for me.

[quote name='gadget' timestamp='1321125367' post='1435694']
For me, the nicest sig bass out ther is Yves Carbonne's 12 string Fretless Jerzy Drozd bass, but I doubt many 'copies' of it have sold, so think it probably doesn't qualify as a 'Signiture' bass?

After that, its a close tie between my old 'Pedulla MVP5 Signiture' or the Shuker 'JJ Burnell' P bass? Think the Ped would win, even if it doesn't have a specific persons name attached to it. Its still a Signiture bass!

Does Dan's 7 string 'Dood bass' count as a 'Signiture' bass?

Cheers
G!
[/quote]

The sub contra is a lovely bass, they play so nicely! I've played Yves one at a clinic-y thing he did was great!

And The Doodle is Dan's signature bass so i'd say so :)