Why become a member? ×

Nicest Signature Bass?

LiamPodmore

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1320843978' post='1432133']
Vic Wooten Fodera for me - quite partial to the buckeye top models:

if only they sold one that looked like Vic's original:

[/quote]

That is just stunning. I love the fact that over the years, Victor has only had the very most basic and remedial of work carried out on it. Vinnie always offers to refinish it for him, and he refuses!

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1320880428' post='1432833']
Another Dirnt fan here. Love mine.

Fender really dropped a bollock I reckon. If they put it out with the classics and Road worns say as a sort of Fender CV/Modern player/ Pawn shop thing. With either Poly or the worn Nitro they would have sold bucket loads. Sadly too many people see the name and think "Greenday Bleaurgh"
[/quote]

Yeah I think it speaks volumes when Lakland have produced a version of the '50's P with split coil. I like that its a mismash of a couple of era's that still works. Mine had a lot of money put into correcting some factory faults (before I got it) all in about £100 - it shows and I love it all the more. I remember when it was first released and lusting after it all the more due to no distinguishing sig features. I agree that a pawn shop/ cv/modern player version would sell loads. A subtle change to the normal P and j reworks. I'm not even that big a greenday fan plus the early stuff was done on a ripper I think!

I doubt this was ever a signature release but thought I'd post it anyway. Hope that's ok?

Mr. Big is my guilty pleasure and Billy Sheehan is one of my all time favourite bassists. I think this bass is a stunner! Love the humbucker and single coil combo . . .

Edited by Kelso

[b]The Gibson Blackbird is the only signature bass I have ever bought.. I donmt even like Nicki Sixx or Motley crue. It looks as cool as ...... Dont particularly go for thunderbird sound... They are great for plec uswers tho.[/b] [b]My vote would go to the Dirnt model.... I would love a white one with a black scratchplate and rose neck.

Edited by Von Death

[quote name='Kelso' timestamp='1320896029' post='1432927']
I doubt this was ever a signature release but thought I'd post it anyway. Hope that's ok?

Mr. Big is my guilty pleasure and Billy Sheehan is one of my all time favourite bassists. I think this bass is a stunner! Love the humbucker and [s]single[/s][size=5][b] split [/b][/size]coil combo . . .
[/quote]

fixed :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1320919715' post='1433043']
LOL this thread is just a list of pretty much every sig bass ever. I wonder which one is the "nicest"? :)

I might as well chip in Bob DeLeo's.... since it was probably him that kicked off the whole retro P look fad...

[/quote]

Maybe once this thread slows down we can start a poll :)