Why become a member? ×

Nicest Signature Bass?

LiamPodmore

This may have been done before, but if not, lets do it now then.

Who, in your opinion, has the nicest signature bass? With pics of course.

My personal favourite is the Dean Hillsboro Eric Bass Signature model, its cheap as hell too, Amazon were selling them at something like $380 a while ago, and they normally go for about £500ish here.

Liam

Eric Bass:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1320754377' post='1430816']
Not a fan of Mike Dirnt, but like this Fender MD P-Bass, Vintage White. Loving the 50s vibe - but with split pickup.
Having something similar built for me, but with mint pickguard and maple neck.

[/quote]

Ooooh, sounds very nice, although i would have gone seafoam green, white pickguard and maple fretboard myself. I played a dirnt a few months ago and it was actually surprisingly nice to play, didn't sound half bad either,

Liam

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1320754508' post='1430819']
Ooooh, sounds very nice, although i would have gone seafoam green, white pickguard and maple fretboard myself. I played a dirnt a few months ago and it was actually surprisingly nice to play, didn't sound half bad either,
[/quote]

Toyed with various colour options including sonic blue, but wanted vintage white as I'm badly missing my 76P oly white which I sold to fund the custom build, among other things. :)

Edited by discreet

[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]I don't get the prices of signature basses! [/font][/color][/size][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=1][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial] [/font][/color][/size][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=1][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]If I ever went for a bass that someone else was playing I'd save myself a fortune and just get one of what they were using in the first place. [/font][/color][/size][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=1][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4][font=Arial] [/font][/size][font=Arial][size=2][/size][/font]

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1320755667' post='1430840'] [size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]I don't get the prices of signature basses! [/font][/color][/size][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=1][/size][/font][/color] [size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial] [/font][/color][/size][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=1][/size][/font][/color] [size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]If I ever went for a bass that someone else was playing I'd save myself a fortune and just get one of what they were using in the first place. [/font][/color][/size][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=1][/size][/font][/color] [size=4][font=Arial] [/font][/size][font=Arial][size=2][/size][/font] [/quote] Except that an original Rickenbacker RM1999 (like Chris Squire's) would cost loads more than a Signature, as is often the case with old Rics, Fenders and Gibsons. Oh, and a proper Alembic Series 1 or 2 (what Stanley and MK would use) costs way more than a Signature too.

Edited by 4000

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1320746050' post='1430684']
This may have been done before, but if not, lets do it now then.

Who, in your opinion, has the nicest signature bass? With pics of course.

My personal favourite is the Dean Hillsboro Eric Bass Signature model, its cheap as hell too, Amazon were selling them at something like $380 a while ago, and they normally go for about £500ish here.

Liam

Eric Bass:

[/quote]

I don't generally like being negative about things but what were they thinking with that headstock????

I get put off most signature basses because the association doesn't work for me. But I did seriously consider the Fender Dirnt, because it seems like a useful variation on the 50s P theme and it doesn't have Dirnt scrawled all over it. The one I've bought, however, is the black Epi Jack Casady. I can't really explain why I don't mind Jack's signature on it, but I don't.

[quote name='spinynorman' timestamp='1320771939' post='1431222']
The one I've bought, however, is the black Epi Jack Casady.
[/quote]

Ah yes, I have a yearning for the metallic gold one, for some reason.
Fairly far down the priorities list at the moment, though.

Edited by discreet