Why become a member? ×

Which Basschatters bass would you most like to own? (and why?)

EBS_freak

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1321215191' post='1436642']
I'd go for Lozbass's Stanley Clark style Series II Alembic.

Jazzyvee
[/quote]

+1 here, followed by my old Sei 4 (Moonbassalpha) and Sei 5 (Ziggydolphinboy). There may be others I can't remember.....

BTW, I'm actually happy with what I've got, although if I could have anything it would be my old Alembic Triple O back!

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1321361050' post='1438160']
I'm afraid I dont' recollect who owned it but there was a Ric with black everything that I deeply coveted.
[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/109836-rickenbacker-4003-jetglo/page__hl__rickenbacker"]This one?[/url]
Linked from [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/160274-rickenbacker-4003-trade-testing-the-waters/"]Cerberus Vent's for-trade post[/url]?

Hadn't noticed it much
(Down GAS, down!)

Put me down for the sonic blue Alleva Coppolo LG5 I found on here recently. In reserve, I'll have Chris B's Lull PJ5 or one of the many Sadowsky 5s on display.

There's a theme there you'll note.

Bassically this is my dream bass, and there is more than one on here.....let me tell you, the list of things I would do to own one of these is pretty long!

Whats gutting is 5 years ago before I was back playing bass and in a band, I went out and spent thousands on home hifi/cinema stuff.........I could have bought one of these and had change for a GK head etc.........:)

[quote name='blind pilot' timestamp='1321539041' post='1440345']
Bassically this is my dream bass, and there is more than one on here.....let me tell you, the list of things I would do to own one of these is pretty long!

Whats gutting is 5 years ago before I was back playing bass and in a band, I went out and spent thousands on home hifi/cinema stuff.........I could have bought one of these and had change for a GK head etc......... :)
[/quote]

Wals are my dream bass too. In a similar fashion I spent a few thousand on synths, drum machines and outboard effects in the early 90s. For some reason buying a Wal didn't occur to me...
(of course I now realise in the last 2 years I've spent over £2,500 on a few different basses, when I could have just had one... :))

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1320773483' post='1431264']
I've been coveting Loz's sonic blue Alleva Coppolo LG4 with matching headstock and DN board for a good while :)
[/quote]
[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1321215191' post='1436642']
I'd go for Lozbass's Stanley Clark style Series II Alembic.

Jazzyvee
[/quote]
[quote name='4000' timestamp='1321362949' post='1438193']
+1 here, followed by my old Sei 4 (Moonbassalpha) and Sei 5 (Ziggydolphinboy). There may be others I can't remember.....

BTW, I'm actually happy with what I've got, although if I could have anything it would be my old Alembic Triple O back!
[/quote]
Gentlemen - you are all extremely kind. I wish I was in ownership of talent similar to yours! And 4000 - if I'd have bought your Triple O (and I wish I had), its return would be offered immediately, even though the walnut facing is the finest I've ever seen.

Edited by lozbass

There's way too much choice, I'd love Shockwaves Antigua Green Warmoth P-J, or that sonic blue 75 RI that recently sold, or Clarkys Pino, or the 70s bicentennial T-Bird that someone owns. Although realistically my Grabber, T-40 and Stingray pretty much do everything I need them to. I'd love a grabber in better condition than mine too

Anyone who's got a Wal Mk II with a walnut top - if I won the lottery that'd be pretty much the first thing I'd be after.

Also, there was a 70s Precision in white with a maple board and black pick guard in the sale thread a little while ago, would love that if only so I could pretend I was Matt Freeman

[quote name='Shawman' timestamp='1321542981' post='1440427']

awwww min! sorry to hear that :)
[/quote]

I still have my original '86 zebrano topped Monarch and part of the deal on the Yin Yang has seen a glossy new solid flame maple Ritter Cora arrive at my house :)

http://www.bassgear.co.uk/products-page/bass-guitars/ritter/ritter-cora-4-late-lounge

Will try to get some better pics sorted as the ones here don't really do the finish justice (it's darker with a deeper flame but probably very hard to capture!).