Why become a member? ×

EBS Reidmar

JakeBrownBass

[quote name='MalGanis' timestamp='1348692907' post='1817111']
Hi there.

I'm thinking about buying this amp. The thing is that I want to keep the weight at minimum so I just want to buy one cab, now the problem is that most cabs (cheaper ones :yarr: ) are 8 ohms and I might have not enough power (125W @ 8 ohm).

I play mostly jazz and jazz fusion, do you think I would have enough with those (EBS) 125W? Any advice on choosing a cab?

Thanks very much.
[/quote]

Don't be fooled by the rating, the amp is much louder than the wattage would indicate. I haven't gigged with mine but based on the fact that it's louder at 8ohm than my previous 350W SWR amp at 4ohm, and I gigged extensively with that one (rock covers and originals):
- for smaller rooms, pubs, bars, etc, you'll be absolutely fine with one cab, don't even need to go to the PA
- for bigger rooms where there's a proper tall stage (like function rooms at wedding venues), if you're going to the PA you'll be fine with one cab just acting as your stage monitor, if you're not going to the PA I'd be more confortable with 2 cabs to fill the whole room. If however your band is a quieter than a rock band, one cab might be fine too. Harder to say really...

I'm currently selling my Reidmar and two CL112 cabs, barely used (only at home) and still in warranty, happy to split the rig and sell you just one cab with the amp if you want.
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/185451-ebs-classic-line-112-x2-ebs-reidmar-as-new-warranty-fs-trade-for-5-or-6-string-bass/

Here's a quick observation/question to those who have been recording with their Reidmar via DI...

...I have been using my Reidmar primarily for recording lately and I have noticed that the DI out signal is really hot compared to my TD650. I left my Reidmar at a friends house this afternoon to play with for a few days as he is keen to buy one. I have just plugged in my TD650 for a quick line check before I get on with a quick job this evening and I have had to crank up the gain on the input channel on my A/D convertor by quite a bit to get a strong signal.

I haven't changed anything for weeks (in fact, I was recording with the Reidmar yesterday afternoon), so is the DI out signal really hot on the Reidmar or am I going bonkers?

Edited by shizznit

I thought the output on my TD650 was hot and have found in some venues and studios that the desk can't take the heat!

Calming the DI on these amps isn't difficult though. I have a few of these -

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XLR-Balanced-20dB-Attenuator-UK-STOCK-/350343601290?pt=UK_MusicalInstruments_Other_Pro_Audio_Equipment&hash=item51921b1c8a"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XLR-Balanced-20dB-Attenuator-UK-STOCK-/350343601290?pt=UK_MusicalInstruments_Other_Pro_Audio_Equipment&hash=item51921b1c8a[/url]

Plug in line with the cable and that will give you enough cut to keep things under control.

I took delivery of my Reidmar yesterday. Only played it through headphones yet but man... I love that modern sizzle. Very inspiring.
Not 100% true what I just said beause I did play it for like a minute with my Neo 110 but it was late and I live in an apartment so... I do think that I should probably let the Neo 110 go and get a CL112 or so. The 110 isn't really a cab that you'd want to use alone while I do think a single CL112 would likely do fine on many occasions.

[quote name='baskruit' timestamp='1349376807' post='1825555']
I took delivery of my Reidmar yesterday. Only played it through headphones yet but man... I love that modern sizzle. Very inspiring.
Not 100% true what I just said beause I did play it for like a minute with my Neo 110 but it was late and I live in an apartment so... I do think that I should probably let the Neo 110 go and get a CL112 or so. The 110 isn't really a cab that you'd want to use alone while I do think a single CL112 would likely do fine on many occasions.
[/quote]

I'm selling 2 new CL112s if you're interested, the link is 5 posts above.

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1348696513' post='1817197']
Don't be fooled by the rating, the amp is much louder than the wattage would indicate. I haven't gigged with mine but based on the fact that it's louder at 8ohm than my previous 350W SWR amp at 4ohm, and I gigged extensively with that one (rock covers and originals):
- for smaller rooms, pubs, bars, etc, you'll be absolutely fine with one cab, don't even need to go to the PA
- for bigger rooms where there's a proper tall stage (like function rooms at wedding venues), if you're going to the PA you'll be fine with one cab just acting as your stage monitor, if you're not going to the PA I'd be more confortable with 2 cabs to fill the whole room. If however your band is a quieter than a rock band, one cab might be fine too. Harder to say really...

I'm currently selling my Reidmar and two CL112 cabs, barely used (only at home) and still in warranty, happy to split the rig and sell you just one cab with the amp if you want.
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/185451-ebs-classic-line-112-x2-ebs-reidmar-as-new-warranty-fs-trade-for-5-or-6-string-bass/"]http://basschat.co.u...-6-string-bass/[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks very much for the answer and the offer but I already bought my EBS Reidmar, problem is that it has arrived with a free screw moving inside the amp so I would maybe have to change it for a new one, I suppose that if I open it I would lost the warranty.

By the way I'm pairing the EBS with an Aguilar GS112, let's see how it works.

Thanks again for the answer.

• 2 months later...

Instead of switching to CL cabs, this Monday I had the opportunity to buy an as-new Neo 112 for just over half the price of a new one.

The picture sucks but there it is: My ultimate mini rig of doom.
A Reidmar, Neoline 110 and Neoline 112. 27kg in total.

I haven't been able to test it at home. It's just too loud. :-)

[quote name='baskruit' timestamp='1355344667' post='1897292']
Instead of switching to CL cabs, this Monday I had the opportunity to buy an as-new Neo 112 for just over half the price of a new one.

The picture sucks but there it is: My ultimate mini rig of doom.
A Reidmar, Neoline 110 and Neoline 112. 27kg in total.

I haven't been able to test it at home. It's just too loud. :-)
[/quote]

Looks very nice, bet it sounds massive when you get to crank it.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, been reading through this, and am potentialy looking at picking one of these up, is there anyone out there who can compare the EBS reidmar vs Markbass little mark III vs Gallien Krueger mb500? Ive been used to valve amps and am downsizing to as small a footprint as possible with the best tonal ranges .
Thanks in advance

[quote name='Hooligan69' timestamp='1359966677' post='1962491']
Hi all, been reading through this, and am potentialy looking at picking one of these up, is there anyone out there who can compare the EBS reidmar vs Markbass little mark III vs Gallien Krueger mb500? Ive been used to valve amps and am downsizing to as small a footprint as possible with the best tonal ranges .
Thanks in advance
[/quote]

If you're used to valves, I highly recommend the MB Fusion. I couldn't get used to the sound of the Reidmar, sold it, got the MB Fusion, never looked back.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='wayneyboy' timestamp='1364763890' post='2030704']
How do you find the 110 and 112 together ? Didn't think of this option and just thought of a pair of 110 or 112 but I suppose could work well together ?
[/quote]
I've mostly used the Reidmar with just one cab lately (usually the 112) but yesterday I used them both outdoors at moderate volume (semi-acoustic setting) with my Pedulla.
Rich, hifi, well defined. Loved it.
Standalone the 110 is a bit low-shy and the 112 seems a bit more 'honky' but they complement eachother nicely.

By the way, the red light on the front of my Reidmar has gone bust recently. The tone circuitry doesn't seem to suffer but I'm going to have it fixed soon as it is still under warranty.

Edited by baskruit

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Hooligan69' timestamp='1359966677' post='1962491']
Thanks in advance
[/quote]

I bought a mb500 as i was worried about the wattage of the reidmar but after a year it really isnt the amp for me, not as transparent as i'd like, not enough top end and i hear less of my bass then i did with my old hartke lh500. Thinking of moving on my mb500 and getting a reidmar instead. Im all about the top end with a real tight low mid bottom.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't own a Stingray at the moment, but I do use the MM pickup on my Lakland 55-02 most of the time and get pretty close to a Stingray tone. I tend to use the following amp settings to get that high mid burpy MM tone.

[attachment=136166:IMG_0094.JPG]

Adjust the bass, treble and bright to taste depending on conditions, but I always make sure the high mid frequency is up there. Everything else will work around that and always sounds right for a MM tone somehow. But, as always, this type of thing is subjective. Give these settings a try and let me know how you get on :) .

• 2 months later...

Looks like they still haven't sorted out that tight fitting speakon socket problem yet. I use my Reidmar almost every day and it hasn't caused me any problems, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

My EBS cabs are hyperactive little scamps. The Bright control on EBS amps makes the tweeter extremely sensitive and you might not find yourself using it much. I start off with the control set at -0+ dB and wind it back gradually to suit...sometimes off completely. You will always get a little hiss no matter which cabs you use, but EBS cabs are still articulate and responsive when the tweeter is switched off, which is great if you want less hiss at high volumes.

Of course, you can always turn off the Bright control completely anyway, but I do like to use it because like the way it tightens up the high-mids and gives a bit more scoop to the overall tone.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1370222348' post='2097818']
I don't own a Stingray at the moment, but I do use the MM pickup on my Lakland 55-02 most of the time and get pretty close to a Stingray tone. I tend to use the following amp settings to get that high mid burpy MM tone.

[attachment=136166:IMG_0094.JPG]

Adjust the bass, treble and bright to taste depending on conditions, but I always make sure the high mid frequency is up there. Everything else will work around that and always sounds right for a MM tone somehow. But, as always, this type of thing is subjective. Give these settings a try and let me know how you get on :) .
[/quote]
Just to say these settings worked great for my Stingray so many thanks. I now use these settings all the time.

• 4 months later...

These are my current settings for the Reidmar and with one CL112.

[u][b]Fender Jazz[/b][/u]
Character = off
Gain = 2 o'c
Comp/Limit = 9 o'c
Bass = 12 o'c
Middle = 2 o’c
Freq = 3 o’c
Treble = 1 o’c
Bright = Off

[u][b]Stingray 2EQ[/b][/u]
Character = off
Gain = 11 o'c
Comp/Limit = 11 o’c
Bass = 12 o'c
Middle = 1 o’c
Freq = 2 o’c
Treble = 11 o’c
Bright = 12 o'c

Edited by Linus27

• 3 months later...

I've been playing through my Reidmar & Classicline 112 since May last year and love it.
I play in a Wedding / Covers band and more often than not (to keep set up time and volume to a respectable level) it doesn't go through the PA.
I sometimes feel the bottom end gets lost a little bit and have been thinking about a second / alternative cab.

Anyway - I'm going to have a wee play around with it over the coming weeks and make a decision towards the end of the month to see if I can tweak EQ and get a bit more out of it.

• 2 months later...