Why become a member? ×

EBS Reidmar

JakeBrownBass

[quote name='jcater' timestamp='1328550095' post='1528935']
Has anyone ordered covers for the classic 12 cabinets. If so where from. Was thinking of Roqsolid but thought i would check here first
[/quote]

I need covers badly for a small tour in March so if you find anyone that does them then let me know. So far I have not found anywhere yet.

[quote name='rubykon' timestamp='1328882755' post='1534299']
I am very curious if the tweeters are actually compression drivers or ceramic tweeters. I avoid those harsh piezos in general.

The Classicline 1x12 looks tasty, build this would keep me away...
[/quote]

Not Entirely sure, could take a picture if that helps?

A picture would surely help. Ceramic drivers are easily identifiable... :) Thanks. In several other forums I´ve also asked if anybody ever looked inside the reidmar to see which power module is actually implanted in this beauty to clear up the whole wattage discussion. Nobody dared open it and take a picture. I am soooo curious :) My bet is, there is a ASX125 module from B&O, just as anybody else is using. This way, the rating would make complete sense for me, as the ASX125 can only theoretically deliver 500 watts...it´s 125w stereo at 4Ohms, 500 peak(!) bridged at 4 Ohms...

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1329047868' post='1536373']
What you think guys as a hard case for the Reidmar?

[url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/rugged-case-large-225744"]http://www.maplin.co...se-large-225744[/url]
[/quote]

Looks Nice, although I would prefer a simple laptop bag. I also really dig the mono bags... http://www.monocase.com/mono-products2011.asp

[quote name='rubykon' timestamp='1328989379' post='1535832']
A picture would surely help. Ceramic drivers are easily identifiable... :) Thanks. In several other forums I´ve also asked if anybody ever looked inside the reidmar to see which power module is actually implanted in this beauty to clear up the whole wattage discussion. Nobody dared open it and take a picture. I am soooo curious :) My bet is, there is a ASX125 module from B&O, just as anybody else is using. This way, the rating would make complete sense for me, as the ASX125 can only theoretically deliver 500 watts...it´s 125w stereo at 4Ohms, 500 peak(!) bridged at 4 Ohms...

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

I've had it opened, i was also very curious to see what was inside. I had no idea what the components meant though, but I could take some pictures of the inside of my Reidmar if youd like?

[quote name='sunsse' timestamp='1329054022' post='1536496']
I've had it opened, i was also very curious to see what was inside. I had no idea what the components meant though, but I could take some pictures of the inside of my Reidmar if youd like?
[/quote]

This would be a wonderful favor!!! Thanks in advance!

[quote name='rubykon' timestamp='1329051851' post='1536448']
Looks Nice, although I would prefer a simple laptop bag. I also really dig the mono bags... [url="http://www.monocase.com/mono-products2011.asp"]http://www.monocase....roducts2011.asp[/url]
[/quote]

Those Mono bags looks good as it has lots of pockets to keep cables, batteries, strings etc in. Not sure how protective they are though but they look good.

I have used my Reidmar through a Proline 210 and a couple of times using the Eden XLT210 for 7 gigs since I bought it and I am going to have a crack using it with my new Neoline 210 Wednesday night. I am hoping that this is going to be my ultimate lightweight and portable backline. I'll report back about how I get on with it. I'll also take a quick photo! ;)

If I am really into it I might offer my Proline 210 F/S or F/T along with my Eden XLT210. I don't really need three 210 cabs!

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1329131321' post='1537441']
Would be interested in hearing how you get on with the NEO 210. I remember you saying how great the Eden was with the Reidmar so if the Neo 210 is a winner then it must be good. My Classic 112 with the Reidmar sounds awsome, still blown away with it. Keep us posted.
[/quote]

It that with 1 or 2 112 cabs? have to say..looks the DB's in the pics

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1329131321' post='1537441']
I remember you saying how great the Eden was with the Reidmar
[/quote]

It does sound very good. I can get a very nice ballsy old school tone using that cab and I really don't want to get rid of it, but I can get a similar tone from the EBS cabs thanks to the character and filter switches on the Reidmar. It really does give me the same flexibility as the HD350 amp, which I what I wanted. I walk into my music room at home and see three 210's stacked up next to my Proline 410 in the corner and think to myself "Hmmm...what could I live without?". For a large gig or open air gig I use the Proline 410 + 210 cabs, but the Neo cab will cover for the Proline 210 if I decide to sell it (it will also bump up my backline power to 1300w) and it will double up as my standalone portable rig for smaller gigs. That's the dream!

The XLT is great and so is the Proline 210, but as soon as I picked up the Neoline 210 and felt the weight of it I knew that the other two cabs could be packing their bags! OMG...it is so light! I am telling my partner that I need the space (not far from the truth), but strictly speaking I need some readies to put down on a new Shuker bass!

Work is really slow today, so I might post a review of the Neo 210 a bit later if there isn't a thread already for it.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1323722758' post='1466321']
Yeah. A US magazine bench tested it, and it only puts out 236w. They do some magic doohickery to it that makes it sound as loud as a 450w amp (killing the tone and dynamics in the process IMO).

Lots on Talkbass and a couple of threads on Basschat.

(Apologies to the OP for the hijack)
[/quote]

it's just a dumb internet phenomenon, stupids people (always the same on talkbass) are always repeating "235w", without listening TC explanations, and most of all : hundred of owners opinions/facts, saying that the head is louder thann most of others class D heads, with 500 or more rating.

TC 450W are more powerfull than genz 600w, or new aguilar, markbass, etc or old heads, like ebs 350, etc so, you can read, or count Watts like you want, at the end of the day, it's (more than) powerfull enough for pros bassplayer @ 8 ohms, and obviously even louder @4 ;) (don't forget that 99% of others are also "lying" since decades on reals watts... more than TC...)

on the EBS subject, even if one day someone says "reidmar is 60 watts", trust me, it's really powerfull (more than enough for most players), +/- on par with new agui, lm3, etc imo, with 4ohms cab (or 2X 8 ohms), easily competiting with 400/500 genz benz watts :)

Edited by nobo