Why become a member? ×

EBS Reidmar

JakeBrownBass

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1326237717' post='1494467']
The speakon out on my amp is quite tight and took a bit of effort to make sure it clicked in. Check that. Other than that, I can't think what could be causing the problem. If you still get no joy contact Mark tomorrow to explan whats happening
[/quote]

Yes, mine is also very tight but is working fine..

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1326366121' post='1496000']
[sub]Any news?[/sub]
[/quote]

Yep, just ordered a Classic 112 which should arrive on Tuesday/Wednesday. Very excited and can't wait. The very quick go I did have of the Reidmar through a Genz Benz cab showed it has tones of scope tonally and is also very loud :)

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1326369300' post='1496075']
What was up with it? Have you replaced the unit or was it a connection issue?

I'm tempted just to bite the bullet and order one... if just to add to my ever expanding collection of EBS amps!
[/quote]

Just a tight connection but all fine and working ok.

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1326369300' post='1496075']
I'm tempted just to bite the bullet and order one... if just to add to my ever expanding collection of EBS amps!
[/quote]

Why the heck not...whilst in Rome! :P

Taking mine to a job in London next month. I have to travel on the train and tube because my partner needs the motor, so I want to travel light. Should be interesting to get feedback from a pro studio engineer. I have worked with this guy before and he really liked both my EA and Markbass amps. I have a feeling he is going to like the Reidmar too. I'll report how it went when I get back home.

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1326370102' post='1496097']
Out of interest, what is the pattern on the front above the dials? Is it dragons or snakes or something else?
[/quote]

I think its some kind of Norse dragon pattern that was painted on the Viking ships. Reidmar was a bloke well known in Norse history and I think they named a massive Viking ship in his honour. (gosh...I sound like a geek!) :crazy:

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1326371018' post='1496117']
I think its some kind of Norse dragon pattern that was painted on the Viking ships. Reidmar was a bloke well known in Norse history and I think they named a massive Viking ship in his honour. (gosh...I sound like a geek!) :crazy:
[/quote]

No thats great, I love dragons so having dragons and Viking long boats on my amp is uber cool.

Oh...just to let you know lads...EBS have posted a link to this thread on their website! They are reading our feedback! They have made a statement about how well received the first bunch of Reidmar amps have been by their customers in Europe. Go to the EBS Blogs page on their site and have a read.

I dunno about you, but I feel quite proud that EBS has paid attention to our discussions :)

Hello Ralf, thanks for the advice, as you can see we have now bought our Reidmar and Classic 112's. As we have been so loyal, can you send us some beer drinking Swedish girls to keep us amused. Something like this :D

[IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii62/masonq3030/Swedish_Women_Photos_beer.jpg[/IMG]

i bought mine 3 weeks ago along with a ClassicLine 410, I haven't heard it with a Classic 112 that most of you guys use with it though.

Before i got the Reidmar, I played a Markbass LM II amp playing through a MarkBass Traveler 115 and a MarkBass Traveler 210 stack. I hated my MB stack in live situations but loved it at home. I spent most of my time on stage turning knobs trying to get a tone i liked through the Littlemark, eventually i got sick of it and went to the store where they had just got the new EBS amp in stock a couple days before. I'm digging my new live tone and so is the band.

Edited by sunsse

[quote name='sunsse' timestamp='1326382609' post='1496451']
i bought mine 3 weeks ago along with a ClassicLine 410, I haven't heard it with a Classic 112 that most of you guys use with it though.

Before i got the Reidmar, I played a Markbass LM II amp playing through a MarkBass Traveler 115 and a MarkBass Traveler 210 stack. I hated my MB stack in live situations but loved it at home, I spent most of my time on stage turning knobs trying to get a tone i liked through the Littlemark, eventually i got sick of it and went to the store where they had just got the new EBS amp in stock a couple days before. I'm digging my new live tone and so is the band.
[/quote]

Awsome stuff. Nice happy story. I can't wait to try mine live.

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1326382798' post='1496453']
Welcome to the party sunsee!
[/quote]

Thank you! I have been following this thread for quite a while, so i finally decided to make a profile and share my story.

Edited by sunsse

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1326375282' post='1496233']
Hello Ralf, thanks for the advice, as you can see we have now bought our Reidmar and Classic 112's. As we have been so loyal, can you send us some beer drinking Swedish girls to keep us amused. Something like this :D

[/quote]

Yowzer..!! Post of the day

Edited by JTUK