Why become a member? ×

Vinyl Pressing

Jase

I looked into it for the Dick Venom & The Terrortones single, but in the end with the packaging we wanted it was far cheaper to go for CDs.

However when I asked the same question the consensus was that [url=http://www.breedmedia.co/]Breed[/url] were one of the best. They were certainly very helpful and patient with our endless enquiries and the 10" singles that they did for a friend's band were excellent.

However once you start looking into it you'll find that there actually very few pressing facilities and that most of the contacts are brokers so it's all about who's offering the best deal at any particular time, as the end result will probably come from the same manufacturer.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1320237627' post='1424078']
I looked into it for the Dick Venom & The Terrortones single, but in the end with the packaging we wanted it was far cheaper to go for CDs.

However when I asked the same question the consensus was that [url="http://www.breedmedia.co/"]Breed[/url] were one of the best. They were certainly very helpful and patient with our endless enquiries and the 10" singles that they did for a friend's band were excellent.

However once you start looking into it you'll find that there actually very few pressing facilities and that most of the contacts are brokers so it's all about who's offering the best deal at any particular time, as the end result will probably come from the same manufacturer.
[/quote]

Cheers mate, very helpful :)

We did our first album on vinyl having pressed on CD and it's become something of a vanity exercise really. We started selling the record at £15 and it just didn't sell. We now offer it at a tenner and it still hardly sells. The CDs will sell but even offering free digital download with the vinyl people tend to buy CD. So with the new album (that was very much conceived as an old fashioned "record") it's just available on CD with a small gap at the end of the "last track of side 1" to show it was intended as a record.

It's also worth mentioning your mastering is for a CD mix so you also need to factor an album remaster into your costs for the vinyl pressing. It's great having the album on vinyl...maybe not so great having another 390 copies sitting upstairs!

Oh & most firms are pretty similar price wise