Why become a member? ×

French Filth!

LemonCello

Haven't had this long but really starting to bond with it. The neck is fabulous, skinny profile front to back and very fast. String spacing is however more Precision than Jazz (my preference). The zero fret helps with sustain and the 2 band EQ pumps out a variety of sounds. The build quality is excellent and I love the trans black finish. It's very 'precise' in that it will show up your (my) fretting inadequacies but it is teaching me to think about my finger positioning. Great for slap (not that I do much of that) and also classic tones. All in all, a lovely bass.

That's nice, very nice indeed. I'm a big fan of zero frets (my 'Berg has one) as the concept just makes sense to me. Every time I'm at an exhibition I keep meaning to try a Vigier but always manage not to (not sure how this happens but it's probably down to not wanting to give myself premium price GAS).

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1319980086' post='1420722']
That's nice, very nice indeed. I'm a big fan of zero frets (my 'Berg has one) as the concept just makes sense to me. Every time I'm at an exhibition I keep meaning to try a Vigier but always manage not to (not sure how this happens but it's probably down to not wanting to give myself premium price GAS).
[/quote]

Thanks man,

The zero fret does make a difference, can't think why they are not more common?

LC

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice LC :)

I too like a shallow neck profile. String spacing isn't quite such a concern for me, but an old wrist injury tends to flare up when I try and play a cricket bat :) +1 for the build quality of Vigier basses. They're top notch, and beautiful to play.

Love the offset design of the bridge on your excess. Lovely looking bass :)

Edited by retroman

I Have a '96 Excess changed the 2 band Eq to a Glockenkland 3 band Eq like the Roger Glover and TBH its the only bass I'd never sell, Superb neck and playability second to none also very lightweight. Picked it up off BC/BW a good few years ago for a good price. I'd love a newer Glover version but they don't seem to come up SH very often.

It looks like this one on Ebay at the moment, Great colour/Pick guard to play onstage with for that Lynott effect. :)

[attachment=93322:Vigier%20ExcesS,%20Nr%2035%20Smid05.jpg]