Why become a member? ×

westfield b1000...replaces 79 fender!

iconic

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1320551218' post='1428284']
I bought one of these B1000 P basses off ebay, as my first bass nearly two years ago. Probably from the same guy selling them @ £75 delivered. They are fantastic bases and not just for the money. I have mine in the corner of the living room so I can pick it up and noodle on whilst watching tv, so it gets a lot of regular use. Fantastic value for money.
[/quote]

Bloody hell Daz what were you doing posting at 3.45am? :)

I bought a Westfield Jazz in natural finish secondhand for £60 inc. a practice amp. It's superb with a nice low action & the stock pick-ups didn't sound too bad. However I had a set of Jap '62 re-issue pick-ups (the ones with the earthing strip) so I fitted those - they went straight in. It sounds fantastic & I don't need to worry too much about damaging it or having it stolen. Compared to my Fender Jazz it sounds a little darker if you know what I mean probably due to the wood used.

I've just come across someone talking about the Tanglewood Rebel 4K. I looked it up and it looks like the Westfield that I have is a cheap copy (of an already cheap bass...). Unless anyone knows if the Tanglewood is a copy of something else? The body wood is different and the neck finish is different, so I don't think it's the same bass under a different name. I wonder if they're made in the same factory perhaps?

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1320702904' post='1430406']
I've just come across someone talking about the Tanglewood Rebel 4K. I looked it up and it looks like the Westfield that I have is a cheap copy (of an already cheap bass...). Unless anyone knows if the Tanglewood is a copy of something else? The body wood is different and the neck finish is different, so I don't think it's the same bass under a different name. I wonder if they're made in the same factory perhaps?
[/quote]

look up the thread about SGC Nanyo Bass collection basses- basically the same think. I don't know who invented that shape/style of bass, someone japanese I would guess. Tokai were doing similar in the mid 80's

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1320715240' post='1430553']
look up the thread about SGC Nanyo Bass collection basses- basically the same think. I don't know who invented that shape/style of bass, someone japanese I would guess. Tokai were doing similar in the mid 80's
[/quote]
I think it was the Tune Bass Maniac that first had this style.