Why become a member? ×

WTF?

karlfer

Postage and reply to question.
I was out when it was up last time and the postage was £22 :) .

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180744329658?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661"]http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2661[/url]

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1319753563' post='1418366']
He's only got a feedback of 1 as a seller, so obviously doesn't know what he's doing.
He'll learn! 'You can't beat the system on the Bay,' as my dad never said.
[/quote]

As he's already sold this once, and two other items using the same technique, he's not doing so bad.

That's interesting... I would also question the postage cost of this item:

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LG-50PC55-50-1080i-HDTV-Ready-Plasma-Television-/180744672964?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Televisions&hash=item2a1538d6c4#ht_500wt_1203"]http://www.ebay.co.u...4#ht_500wt_1203[/url]

Circumvention of eBay fees, I think.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1319833233' post='1419241']
Reported? The bay is a poisonous labyrinth of deceit of rear end fingering, if this guy is getting one over on the man, then good for him.
[/quote]

He's trying to get one over everyone though - by adding a gotcha at the auction end for the unwary and being fraudulent, dishonest. The rules (and charges) are the same for everyone, what makes this seller so special that they do not apply? If you don't like the rules, don't sell it on eBay. There are many other ways to sell stuff. I haven't sold stuff on eBay since 2008. I think they're a bunch of gouging so-and-sos. That doesn't give me the right to attempt to circumvent the rules that are there in black and white for all to see.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1319833233' post='1419241']
The bay is a poisonous labyrinth of deceit of rear end fingering, if this guy is getting one over on the man, then good for him.
[/quote]
neephid is right. Buyers don't always look at the postage price (yes I know, caveat emptor and all that), but they don't. When I was a regular seller on the Bay my competitors would not hesitate for a single second to report any of my listings for any real (or imagined) transgression of rules. What we have here is 'Circumvention of eBay fees'.

eBay take a percentage of the total selling price, not the postage price. If the total price is mostly made up from the postage payment, then eBay are losing out. Understandably they take a dim view of this.

Buyers should look at the postage fees, if they don't they are dumb. This guy is a crook without a doubt, but he's up for crookin the big man not the little guy. eBay fees are extortionate surely we can agree on that and surely we can agree that a buyer should check the postage fees, and if we can agree on those two then is it not plausible that this crook doesn't mean us any harm. Ain't you guys ever heard of honour amongst thieves? We are in this together, eBay is the enemy. We shouldn't be telling tales, or quotin the rule book. Please! Please! Will somebody think about the children.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1319837619' post='1419295']
Buyers should look at the postage fees, if they don't they are dumb. This guy is a crook without a doubt, but he's up for crookin the big man not the little guy. eBay fees are extortionate surely we can agree on that and surely we can agree that a buyer should check the postage fees, and if we can agree on those two then is it not plausible that this crook doesn't mean us any harm.[b] Ain't you guys ever heard of honour amongst thieves?[/b] We are in this together, eBay is the enemy. We shouldn't be telling tales, or quotin the rule book. Please! Please! Will somebody think about the children.
[/quote]

I'm not a thief though.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1319838063' post='1419304']

I'm not a thief though.[/quote]
Meeeoww................nobodies calling you a thief, granted I did imply you were a tell tale(apologies). Anyway stop being so serious it's only a bit of banter. The phrase honour amongst thieves represents solidarity amonst the little man in medieval times under an oppressive monarchy. The lower classes would habitually rob the ruling classes to survive however under no circumstances would they steal from each other, hence honour amongst thieves.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1319837619' post='1419295']
Buyers should look at the postage fees, if they don't they are dumb. This guy is a crook without a doubt, but he's up for crookin the big man not the little guy.
[/quote]

The dumb person not checking can still push up my bid, so he is trying to screw me too.

Must admit, never really thought about people not noticing the postage. Just my own dumb thought of "are you taking the piss mate?".
I have an empathy with trying to reduce the fees. If you use FEEBay you accept the terms whereby their other company, Paypal, will fleece you as well.
Sadly, expensive niche products need somewhere to be sold.

I'm about to put one of my basses up for sale, but if it doesn't go on here, it will be mothballed for a couple of years.
Karl.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1319851795' post='1419451']

The dumb person not checking can still push up my bid, so he is trying to screw me too.[/quote]
Hi mate.Not if you are happy to pay your max bid and no more. If you are outbid then it's someone elses problem and as long as you don't get caught up in bidding hysteria(which is the addictive aspect) then you are safe. This guy is using a sneaky way of fixing a feeless reserve. Maybe I'm wrong here and I'm not seeing things clearly or maybe it's because I'm the type of guy who roots for the bad guy in a movie. Either way I don't get what this guy is doing thats so terrible.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1319873546' post='1419482']
Hi mate.Not if you are happy to pay your max bid and no more. If you are outbid then it's someone elses problem and as long as you don't get caught up in bidding hysteria(which is the addictive aspect) then you are safe. This guy is using a sneaky way of fixing a feeless reserve. Maybe I'm wrong here and I'm not seeing things clearly or maybe it's because I'm the type of guy who roots for the bad guy in a movie. Either way I don't get what this guy is doing thats so terrible.
[/quote]

I'm less happy paying my max bid than paying less than my max bid. Especially when the bid I'm beating isn't genuine.