Why become a member? ×

(Sold!) Fender J Aerodyne - AJB58 - CIJ - Jap Non-export - Black

Buzz

[color=#ff0000][size=6][u][b]SOLD ()[/b][/u][/size][/color]

[u]Fender Aerodyne - AJB58 - CIJ - Japanese Non-export - Black - £525 (inc delivery)[/u]

[url="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v638/buzzmong/Instruments/Aerodyne/?action=view&current=DSCF1498.jpg"][/url]

I threatened to put this on sale last year but I never got around to it, sadly the curse of unemployment is somewhat pushing me into getting it on here.

This one was bought from Malcom at the GuitarEmporium (who after a brief hiatus, is now back!), who got it imported over from Japan.

Comes in a Warwick Rockcase hardcase, which is a pretty sturdy thing and a bloomin' good fit, although it's slightly scuffed. I've also put the original Fender softcase in the case as well, unused in its poly bag.

The bass is in [i]very good[/i] condition, you probably could class it as "near-mint". I'm not going to lie and say it's perfect though, there's a small bruise in the finish in the lower bout (south of the control plate) which I've tried to show in the photos. That was caused by me knocking it on the edge of a wooden chair in my haste to answer a phonecall.

There's also a small bit of damage to the clear coat on the hole for the truss rod key behind the nut. If you've got a syringe, you can fix it easily with a bit of superglue or similar as it's just cracked and raised from the wood slightly. Again it's shown in the photos.

Both things really don't stand out and are only noticable if you're really looking for them.

All in all, it's a very good bass. It's very good to play, typical narrow Jazz neck with quite a thin profile, it's not Geddy Lee thin though, so it does stay in tune :) It's got a basswood body as well, so it's rather light, still sounds lovely, the p-pup sounds lovely and the j-pup just gives it that extra bit of bite.

If it wasn't for the fact I'm still umming and ahhing about a T-Bird Pro IV and the fact I've already got a jazz in the form of a (inferior) Squier VMJ, and I'm too scared of damaging something so pretty, then I'd be keeping this one.

[url="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v638/buzzmong/Instruments/Aerodyne/"]A good selection of Photos are here on my photobucket account[/url] (Please tell if you can't access them)

This'll be on here for a week or two, after that it's going on Ebay for a slightly higher price.

[u][b]TL;DR:[/b][/u]

[i][b]SEXY BLACK JAPANESE AERODYNE JASS BASS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION.[/b][/i]
[b][i]On Sale for £525 delivered[/i].[/b]

[u]Other relevent info:[/u]
Strings on it are somewhat old EB Super Slinkies (40-100 iirc) and I've also got an NOS 80's rear J-pup which I can throw in on request if you want to replace the stock one with a more powerful j-pup.

[size=3]NB: If anyone does buy it and if you take it gigging, please tell me, closest thing this bass got to gigging was being used in a couple of practices for an ill-fated band.[/size]

[size=3]Here, have another picture:[/size]

[url="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v638/buzzmong/Instruments/Aerodyne/?action=view&current=DSCF1516.jpg"][/url]

[color=#ff0000][size=6][u][b]SOLD (to a BC member)[/b][/u][/size][/color]

Edited by Buzz