Why become a member? ×

Sold: 1966 Fender Precision, Sunburst - 100% Original

Playground_Martyr

The condition is so good, I think you're going to need more pictures of the internals (pots, wiring etc) to authenticate that 1966 date. It's unfortunate the date on the neck is obscured by the red felt tip marking, has anyone seen this type of marking before? Doesn't seem to be in anyones interest to write over the date in this way?

Precisely, it's the best condition 1966 bass most of us will ever see. As such it might even be undervalued at £3750.

However, it is usual in these circumstances to have a few 'gut shots' as well as a photo of the inside of the neck pocket to back up the other evidence.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1319482474' post='1414775']
So you gonna buy it now Sparky Mark?

(btw it is against forum rules to discuss pricing in the FS threads)
[/quote]

First off, mind your own business. Secondly, I've seen what these go for in Denmark Street, but once you get into vintage territory it pays to be absolutely certain of everything. This just might be a bargain....can I say that?

[quote name='Sparky Mark' timestamp='1319485381' post='1414833']

First off, mind your own business. Secondly, I've seen what these go for in Denmark Street, but once you get into vintage territory it pays to be absolutely certain of everything. This just might be a bargain....can I say that?
[/quote]
:)

Market Place T&Cs [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=20"]here[/url].

[quote]
[b][u][size=3]Guidelines for BUYERS[/size][/u][/b]

[size=3]5. If you believe the price of the item is too cheap/expensive, then please PM the seller as to why. Do not ridicule or undermine the seller by posting how much you think it's worth or how much it can be gotten for elsewhere, the laws of supply and demand will determine if the item sells at that price.[/size][/quote]

Have a bump OP for a most auspicious year. :)

[quote name='Sparky Mark' timestamp='1319411614' post='1413913']
The condition is so good, I think you're going to need more pictures of the internals (pots, wiring etc) to authenticate that 1966 date. It's unfortunate the date on the neck is obscured by the red felt tip marking, has anyone seen this type of marking before? Doesn't seem to be in anyones interest to write over the date in this way?
[/quote]
I've got a '66 CAR Jazz Bass... which has that very same red marker zig-zag over the date stamp. It hasn't obscured the stamp, which is clear as day right through the marker ink.

Gorgeous P Bass. Dosn't look like the truss rod has ever been touched.

I don't think that thing needs the 'internals' checking to authenticate the date. The details are spot on.

*drools*

Edited by mckendrick