Why become a member? ×

MY NEW MARK BASS RIG

steantval

I have just purchased a new Mark Bass rig to replace my trusty old Trace Elliot rig on the recommendation of one of the best bass players in my local area.

It consists of a CMD102P Combo and a 151HF Cabinet.

I am still playing around with the settings and have only used it once so far in a live gig situation playing classic rock covers, Free, Bad Co , Floyd etc.

In the live situation I was well impressed with the bottom end grunt, but I still feel I may need to tweek the settings a bit more to give me an optimum sound.

I would love to get some feedback, good or bad on your experiences with Mark Bass gear?

Maybe some guidance on settings for playing Foreigner, Toto, Journey covers?

[attachment=6739:P3210003.JPG]

Before you start fiddling with the EQ, give the two filters (VLE and VPF) a little tweak - i've found them to be VERY responsive, and a quick way to try different sounds.
Also, if the tweeter on the 15" is on, turn it down - it's too edgy, and not suitable for a 'classic rock' sound.

Awesome looking rig - have fun!

*Leo's basses all seen to sound awesome through Markbass gear, don't they (just spotted the stingray) - try a little boost in the low mids to help bring the grunt and growl of the humbucker through for all to hear!*

Edited by El_JimBob