Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass LMII vs F1

thedontcarebear

[quote name='Harrythebassdawg' post='161971' date='Mar 22 2008, 08:58 PM']Is the SA450 the same as the little mark II, just with more versitile EQ and twice the size?[/quote]

Also has 2 Neutriks on the back, and pre post switches, and line out level control. I think thats all the diffs :)

The eq was enough for me to go that route on its own, I do like a semi-parametric eq me....

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='165589' date='Mar 28 2008, 09:43 PM']Used my F1 tonight at practice, my drummer said "it sounds much better, usually when you buy things, I can't actually notice any difference".[/quote]

Dude! Thats good to hear!!!! I think my guys were impressed despite it's diminuitive stature!

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='165597' date='Mar 28 2008, 09:59 PM']Yeah, I love the thing, it's awesome![/quote]

I was really surprised at the clarity of the amp, even with driving the bottom end hard, but if need be I could wind the VPF round and scoop those middles right out whilst adding rumble and clank! and STILL remain strong in the mix. I will admit that originally I didnt get on with the MB heads and cabs, but using the F1 with my current set up has really impressed me.

I'd be the first to put my hands up and say, ok..so I was wrong! - Mebbe it was the cabs I didnt get on with all along?

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='165600' date='Mar 28 2008, 10:06 PM']I had pretty much everything set to around 12 (asin in the middle/top, not the amp goes to 12!), apart from the VLE, which was all the way down, and I cut through fine (via my Warwick WCA 211 Pro).[/quote]

That sounds pretty much the same as me! I leave the VLE off and start at 12 o'clock. A little on the bass, so 1pm and sometimes back the treble off a bit on my bass as EMGs have an extended top end, as well as bottom.

Speaking of the Warwick cabs.. saw ma mate playin through a complete warwick set up the other day.. and It was an awesome AWESOME sound. Not really what I want, but even through his 2x10 it punched right through the venue!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='largo' post='171693' date='Apr 7 2008, 07:17 PM']Anyone know why MB don't put mute switches on their amps ?[/quote]

The new F500 on the way, (the same size as the F1 with the inclusion of a parametric EQ) does include a mute switch.

Why they didn't do it previously? Gawd knows!!!!