Why become a member? ×

Could you be the most beautiful bass in the world?

CHRISDABASS

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1318283402' post='1400170']
Nice but not exactly original... unless you've never seen a Jazz bass dipped in toffee before. :)
[/quote]

:)

Not for me at all I'm afraid, wouldnt give it a second glance in a bass shop, or first glance for that matter, anything remotely woody looking just doesnt do it for me, they always look home made, like someones dad has been busy in the garage with his new router, and destroyed your aunt mabels favourite dining room chair. One mans meat etc.....

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1318286243' post='1400214']
Nice that
[url="http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/stock_images/nyc/lg/5928_full_lg.jpg"][/url]

but......

nicer... and only 7.15lbs (it's a hollow body)

[/quote]
There seems to be an issue with your bass!! The frets aren't on straight! :)

The Sadowsky works, IMO....and this is what he does very well as he has that good eye for styling, IMO.

The Dingwall really doesn't as the wood isn't very subtle or precise enough..plus Dingwalls are an aquired tastes aesthetically anyway, so it is just toooooo much..IMV.

I'm sure it's a fine example of the luthier's craft but what has it got to do with music?

It's a bit like people who'll pay £80,000 for a hand-made shotgun. Absolute stunning examples of workmanship, in both wood and metal, but they don't shoot any better than a plainer example costing just £1,000.

Such items are really works of art rather than working tools, and not usually any better suited for the job either.

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1318316989' post='1400309']
It looks messy if you know what I mean. There's no contrast between body and hardware and with the pattern of the wood it just looks a bit busy and takes a while to focus on the individual parts
[/quote]

Same thing happens to the table in my pub after one too many... :)