Why become a member? ×

Peavey / Hartke stack for sale - 3x15s!

Netballman

Sadly I have to let my big stack go...

Peavey 115BX, Hartke 215VX and Peavey Firebass 700 head!

[attachment=90906:stack5.jpg]

Loads of flexibility with the Firebass head (a hugely underrated piece of kit) and with those three 15s it moves more air than a Jumbo Jet :) and looks great too!

The head has three-band active EQ with shiftable mid-range control, a contour control and a bright switch, a buffered tuner send jack, a transformer balanced XLR line out with its own level control, pre-post EQ switch, and a ground lift switch. The XLR output is before the master volume control, so you can adjust your stage volume without affecting the send to the main sound system. There is also a -10 dB input pad switch (active/passive), footswitchable post-EQ effects loop, adjustable active crossover controls for both frequency and balance, preamp output/power amp input patch points, and a DDT compression enable/defeat switch. 700 watts @ 2Ω, 475 watts @ 4Ω, 275 watts @ 8Ω. [url="http://peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80304697.pdf"]Full specs online here[/url], although I still have the original paper manual!

The VX215 has paper cones in its two 15" drivers plus a high frequency transducer horn, and is rated 500 Watts @ 4Ω. [url="http://www.samsontech.com/hartke/products/cabinets/vx-cabinets/vx215/"]Full specs here[/url].

The BX115 has a single 15" driver which I suspect may not be the original Scorpion but a replacement (possibly Eminence?) but I have been running it assuming the original 400 Watts @ 4Ω with no issues. [url="http://homepages.shu.ac.uk/~eitjmh/music/115BXBW.pdf"]Original specs here.[/url]

All elements in exellent condition except one plastic corner on the VX is broken.

I will also include a small dolly which I custom built to move it about on.

Collection from Northolt, W London or can deliver for petrol costs within a reasonable distance - looking for a measly £320. Would prefer not to split but will consider offers for individual components if it doesn't go as a set.

Edited by Netballman

• 1 year later...

Time to resurrect this thread - decided to keep it before but it really does have to go now as I've bought yet more gear and the wife is complaining! :rolleyes: Plus it's much too nice to be unused. So last chance for you guys before it all goes on fleabay... And I'll drop the price to[b] £300.[/b]

Would still prefer to let it all go together but if I don't get a suitable offer for the lot will split it.

Oddly enough I just posted a 'wanted' thread for a Firebass about half an hour ago. If you don't get an offer for the lot, and your definition of 'excellent condition' matches mine, there might be a deal to be done. Feel free to PM me.