Why become a member? ×

SWR Workingman's 4004

Ed_S

Hi all,

Up for sale here is my SWR Workingman's 4004. Bought back in 2006, it's a 400W into 4Ω, solid state and heat-sink cooled head. It's done a fair few gigs and has always been pleasingly loud and completely reliable, but my back prefers the smaller and lighter gear available these days, so this head got consigned to the cupboard a couple of years ago. I always kept hold of it because it was handy for acoustic gigs where the cooling fans on my Hartke would be irritating, but my LMII takes care of those duties now, so it's time I had the cupboard space back!

As you can see from the photos, it's in great condition and even still has its original blank for the 1U space in the sleeve. I screwed heavy duty rubber feet onto the bottom and a cable retainer round the back, but those (easily removable) mods aside, it's factory spec. The included mains cable is a Y-splitter type, which means there's power available for whatever you may choose to put in the rack space (I kept a Korg tuner in there, myself).

Looking for £150 firm, and the amp must be collected from my rehearsal space in Sheffield as I really don't want to have to try and pack something of this size, shape and weight for postage.

Thanks for looking!

[attachment=90905:swr4004.jpg]

• 3 weeks later...

About time this had a bump...

If anybody would be interested but require it to be posted (expect it to cost at least £30ish) rather than collecting from me, then give me a shout and I'll see if I can pack it up.