Why become a member? ×

Hartke advice - new/old models

mikeypob

Hartke have indeed "updated" the 3500 model by giving it a silver facia and sticking it into a wodden box.
Essentially though all 3500 or 5000 model amps are the same with more or less 'box' around them.
As the web site says - design hasn't changed since 1990.
I myself have a 15 year old example, still going strong but might need the dust blown out of it I think :huh:

I've never considered another amp, but might need more speakers!

:)

their great amps!

had mine since christmas and tbh at first i couldnt get used to the sound as i had gone from ashdown(very punchy sound) but gigged my hartke again on thurs nite and it sounded really nice... its also very loud, for the past 2 gigs ive only used it on just over 2 on the master control! (to my disgust, when the techie told me to turn down)...

Alex

I would echo whats been said already, they are pretty clean and powerful amps. If you prefer a warmer tone there is a modification where you can replace the valve inside with another one (I think it was a groove tube but not sure of the model) and that is supposed to make a huge difference to the sound. There was a time when everyone on here was doing that.

Just a quick plug, I have a flightcased HA3500 for sale if your interested? If your ever around my neck of the woods you would be welcome to try it too. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15774"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15774[/url]